one - umbrella

chapter one of

heart eyes.

PART ONE

THEY WERE THE POWER COUPLE, VICTOR AND VENUS

THEY WERE THE POWER COUPLE, VICTOR AND VENUS. And Venus didn't like it one bit. First, they only went on a one date and one only and somehow Victor got the idea that, that meant they were together. Which was complete bullshit to her. Second, she didn't like like him.

"It's fine Henry, I think Jace gonna be here soon." Venus said as Henry nodded walking away to his car. Victor had practically ditched her in the rain, and now she was wet and chilly while she waited for her older brother. It was just the two, that's why they moved to Derry.

"Take care.." Venus muttered seeing Henry's car ride away with some of his friends inside as she tried to warm herself up while it was still pouring.

She looked up and saw a black umbrella over her head, then looking to her right seeing a boy holding it. "I -- uh, thank you. Lots." She said genuinely as the boy smiled.

"I -- It's okay." Venus smiled back as he tried to make up words. "You -- You can k -- keep it." Venus nodded as he handed it to her as he ran to his bike soon his figure only fading. Venus smiled before walking home, reminding herself to return the umbrella to it's owner.

"Thanks a lot Jace!" Venus yelled once she saw him sleeping on the sofa, the tv on. He jumped as he groaned looking at the clock. "Sorry sis, it's been tough at work." Venus scoffed but soon gave in once she saw how tired he actually was.

"It's okay, some kid lended me an umbrella." Venus smiled holding the umbrella in her hand.