twelve -- a fight

chapter twelve of

heart eyes

"GRETA!" THE BLONDE GIRL'S VOICE ECHOED IN THE SCHOOL HALLWAY AS PEOPLE TURNED TO LOOK AT HER, curious about the outcome

Greta turned to Venus a scowl on her face. "What do you want? You know I wasn't messing with you when you're practically a Bowers but now? When you two and Victor ain't together? I don't care."

Venus growled looking at the girl. "Wanna take it outside then huh? For you to see who I am? A Bowers?" She asked looking at the girl who only glared at her. "That's what I thought so how about you leave my friend Beverly alone?" She spat in her face as she walked past the bully. Venus knew this wasn't the right thing to solve anything, but in the heat of the moment she didn't exactly care.

"You're nothing but a slut anyway, Johnson!" Venus stopped in her tracks trying not to cry. It was the same thing that was said to her in her old school.

Venus turned around abrudtly, as she swung her fist, hitting Greta in the nose as she staggered back. Venus scrunched her eyebrows together looking at her hands as she shivered. She just did that. Venus just punched a person, a thing she swore she'd never do.

But what she didn't notice was Greta running at her as she tackled Venus to the ground, people now gathering around the girls.

Greta punched her back as Venus shielded herself now from fear. This was her worst fear. Greta had managed to punch Venus which made her lip bleed.

Finally Venus had the strength to push Greta off of her as someone pulled the two girls apart, Greta's friend holding her.

"Oh you're going to get it Johnson!" Greta yelled as her friend pulled her away with her bleeding --maybe-- broken nose.

Venus pried her hands free as she breathed in and out wiping the blood away as a tear slipped. She looked behind her as she saw Richie standing there with a sad smile. She breathed out a cry as she walked to him wrapping her hands around his neck as Richie slowly placed his on her waist. She snuggled into the crook of his neck as she sniffed.

"I didn't mean to -- I don't.." She trailed off as she softly cried into his shoulder as Richie rubbed her back looking at his friends.

The girl he had a crush on, was more broken than he thought.