Chapter 18: It Was Done

Severus and I danced. We danced for hours. There was no music. There were no walls. There was no light and no dark. No evil and no pain. Just Severus and I dancing around in circles. My head laid on his shoulder and his rested on top of my head. We didn't speak. We just danced. We had no idea where we were or why we were there, but it didn't matter because we were there together. As I enjoyed being in his arms I could feel myself being pulled away from him. Something was pulling me back. No. No, I wouldn't leave him again. MY grip on him began to loosen as Severus was too being pulled away. "Sev! No." I reached out for him, but we were being pulled apart faster. I was lifted off my feet into the air.

"Relax, darling. Everything will be fine. I promise," He said calmly. With that he was out of my sight. I was being pulled faster and tumbling through the air. The space around me was no longer blank. No longer white. This time I could see my entire life. I saw Brad. I saw him how he was before his wife died. He was happy. A young man who was ready to start his life with the woman he loved. I saw the accident. I saw the beatings. Meeting Dad for the first time. I saw my encounters with Sirius and millions of memories of Marissa flashed across the air. Her beautiful smile. Something I'll never stop missing. My heart ached and I felt tears in my eyes. I saw grandfather telling me of my true parents. I was his twinkling eyes. I saw Dad's little smile that was always so humble. I saw Molly and George and Fred. Always in trouble those boys. I saw Tom and Umbridge spreading evil every where they went. I saw countless lessons at Hogwarts that I wish I could just go back to. I saw family dinners with Dad and Tonks. Most of all I saw Severus. I saw our first dance, Our first kiss. When he told me he loved me. I saw my entire life played back to me over again. My first patronous. The Black Lake. The endless nightmares and the millions of smiles. I saw my parents holding me. Smiling down at me from my crib. A lot of bad has happened in my life. That's for sure. But the good that has been bestowed upon me outweighs every bit of Tom's work. I had beautiful people who loved me and I missed every single one of them. I just wanted to see Dad. Suddenly everything stopped.

"Alex! Wake up!" I felt myself being shaked furiously. When my eyes finally opened Hermione was standing over me. "Alex! You're alive." She said happily. "I saw you come in here when we left. Are you okay?" I looked over to Sev and nodded.

"Sev...come back to me." I ran my hand along his cheek and rocked back and forth. "I'm here. It's your turn Severus. Don't leave me here alone. You can't do that." I pulled his head in my lap and ran my hand along his hair. "Come on."

"Alex...he's gone." I shook my head and smoothed his hair down.

"No, he isn't. He's going to come back to me. He promised everything would be fine. He has to be here. Nothing will be fine without him. He promised."

"Alex, I don't know what's going on, but he was a brave man. None of us knew it. He gave his life for-"

"I knew! I knew while everyone hated him! I knew what kind of man he was and he isn't going to leave me!" I cried as tears streamed down my face.

"But he's already-"

"He's not gone!"

"I know it's hard, dear. Believe me...but-" Severus jumped slightly and gasped for air as his eyes shot wide open.

"Shhhh. I've got you." I said as my tears streamed faster. "I've got you, love." Severus breathed heavily and looked around shocked. I took a look a the laceration on his neck and it had healed leaving only a long pink scar.

"Merlin..." Hermione mumbled. "I'll leave you. Alex... when you're done go find Professor Mcgonogall. She needs to speak with you." I nodded.

"Thank you, Hermione." She nodded and left.