Chapter 11: Prove Yourself

Run! Tonks run! Faster! Teddy!" I woke in a pool of sweat. I'd been having nightmares about the war mostly. About everything that will happen. Each nightmare is more horrific than the last.
    I sat up and rested my arms on my knees. I looked around my massive room. Tom had it set up for me. It's been waiting here all this time. There's a glorious bed. It's huge with silk sheets. Green and black of course. I couldn't deny I had slept wonderfully. My room was painted black with green trim. There was a table that was stocked in different beauty products. I wanted to puke when Tom told me why. 'You're a beautiful girl, Alex,' he rubbed my back and bowed his head to my ear. Tom tucked my hair behind my ear and hissed, 'I want you to use it. You could kill a thousand armies with your looks alone'. A small shiver of terror crawled down my spine.
    There was a huge closet. Full of expensive dresses and clothes. I felt as if Narcissa had a part in picking that out. Some of the outfits were rather..well... whorish to be frank. But it will all be worth it in the end. My room had its own bathroom which I really liked. I couldn't imagine myself leaving this room much then. Not unless I had to. I decided it would be a good idea get shower and get dressed. I dread what I'm about to have to do. I quickly ran to the shower and began to wash. I had to attend a meeting this morning. With Tom and his fucking cock roaches he calls an army. I don't want to do this.

   When I was done with my shower I dried myself with a quick spell and went to the closet. I need something... that they can take me serious in, but just slutty enough to be entirely distracting. I'm a good liar. But I'm going to be lying in front of some of the best liars. I need all the help I can get. I settled for a black one piece I found in the very back. It was short and open down most of the front. Not much was left to the imagination. Unfortunately for me, that will be a good thing.

    Once I was dressed I quickly applied some light make up, but made it darker than usual around my eyes. With a quick deep breath and a small shudder I opened my door. The hallway on this floor was long and dreary. It almost reminded me is Sirius's place. But his didn't feel like this. This place felt cold and dark. With everyone together there, it still felt like home. How times have changed. I walked down the stairs slowly. Trying to bide as much time as possible. My heart pounded on my chest. It's like rhythm of terror. If I don't do this, 4 more steps, we'll enough to trick them all, 3 more steps, I won't leave this meeting, 2 more steps, I can't breathe, 1 more step, it's time.

     I turned and faced a room full of people. There was only one open seat and that was right at Tom's side. After all, I was his new pet. Time seemed to stop all together. Severus's eyes darted frantically at me. He looked a wreck. Bellatrix licked her lips and gave me a teasing grin. She'll be the first to try and kill me. She was the pet. Greyback lockedeyes with me and licked his lips. He made a low grumbling noise. A man I didn't recognize whistled loud enough for it to bounce off the walls, while his busy next to him joined in with a yell. "Silence!" Tom demanded. "Alex dear, come." I smiled a sweet adoring smile.

    "Yes, My Lord." I walked to his side and sat in my seat. Tom placed a hand on my shoulder and faced his minions. His hands were as cold as ice. Always. The feel of his skin is like standing in a cold shower.

    "Everyone, last night Miss Dumbledore showed up at my feet. In surrender. But," Tom flicked his eyes to me and smiled, "A willing surrender. Ladies and gentlemen our darling girl has realized the truth. That we're the one true cause. We fight for what is right and we will be victorious!" Several yells and chants followed Tom's little speech. Then there it was. That shriek of a voice.

    "But My Lord," Bellatrix pouted. "Why would you believe this little shit? After all the times she's disrespected you My Good Lord she is surely not speaking the truth to you." The more she spoke the angrier she got. Bellatrix turned and gave me a hiss. She truly was insane.