Chapter 1o: My Pet

The darkness was all that surrounded me yet again. I had no idea how to get back to Severus. I closed my eyes and laid on the ground. I thought about Severus striking himself. How badly I wanted to stop him and hold onto him and tell him he didn't have to do that. I thought about Severus for what seemed like forever. When I did open my eyes Severus was in front of me. I was in his bed and he was knelt at the end of his bed with blood running down his back. He was shaking violently and lifting the whip again.

    "Stop it!" Severus jumped and hit the ground hard. I slowly put one leg off of the bed then the other. My legs were so stiff. After I finally managed to stand I walked over to Severus and knelt down next to him. I took his face in my hands and lifted his head up. "Love, stop this. Stop." Severus face was dirty with tears, blood, and sweat. He looked at me through tear filled eyes. He looked terrified. Severus grabbed on to me and pulled me against his chest. He buried his face in my neck and held me there with a tight grip. He was quiet as he trembled. There was blood all over him and I by now.

    I sat there with him for a long time before slowly getting up and pulling him up with me. I led him to the bathroom and took off the rest of his clothes and mine. As i turned the shower on, I steppe in with Severus. He stood completely silent except for his ragged breaths. He stared at me and my ever move. When I moved his eyes followed. But I could feel him getting calmer by the moment. I was all the blood of of him. I was gentle with his back. I washed his wounds and said a few healing spells as I went. I washed the rest of his body and mine. Then I washed our hair and wrapped him in my arms. I held him close and kissed his neck. "I never want to see you do anything like that ever again. Do you hear me?" I looked into his eyes and he nodded.

    "I'm so sorry, Alex."

    "Severus we both know there are things you'r going to have to do that neither of us will like. But it isn't going to change my feelings for you. We're in this together." I kissed him again gently and held him for a while before I decided I needed to go see Dad and Tonks. I knew they were worried. "Come on, love. Let's go."

    When we were dressed I walked with Severus to the living room where Dad was sitting. "Dad?" He looked up and smiled a bit.

   "I'm glad to see you're feeling better." He got up and gave me a hug before sitting back down again. He looked so tired. I hadn't noticed before that there were dark brown circles around his eyes. His hair looked disheveled and his outfit thrown on. 'War changes people' I thought to myself. I've been so busy worrying about Severus and Tom  that I hadn't payed much attention to him.

   "Dad... I'm going to send you and Tonks away for a while until Teddy is born. It's too dangerous these days for you guys to be around. Tom is losing his patience with me. You know as well as I do he'll have no problem taking that out on you or Tonks."

    "No, out of the question. We need to be-"

   "You need to be quiet and realize you have a son on the way. They will kill him before he's ever born."

   "Remus, it may be a good idea.. I can't stomach the thought of anything happening to Teddy." Tonks laid her head on his shoulder and sighed.  Dad starred at the ground for a while then nodded.

   "Okay...  We'll go, but I want to be kept in the light about every thing that happens. I mean it, Alex."

    "I know. You will be. Go pack. summer clothes." I walked over to Severus' desk and got a piece of paper and quill. I wrote down directions on where to apparate and handed it to them. "Go to my room and get the keys that are in the first desk drawer with the yellow key ring. They belong to a house in California. I bought it not long after grandfather died in case something like this was going to be necessary. Go there. Get some sun. Enjoy your pregnancy. You'll be safe. Trust the land lord, but no one else. He's an old friend of Grandfather's and a powerful wizard. He'll watch over you. In the event that something happens he will take you to another safe house. Do not owl me or anyone here. Find other means of communication. I don't want anyone finding you. Okay?" Dad took the piece of paper with sad eyes and nodded. "This is for the best." I said giving him a hug.

    "Come with us. So you'll be safe too. Please.." He said quietly as he hugged me back.

    "You know I can't." Dad sighed and nodded.

    "I know. Severus take care of her please..." Severus looked up to the ground and nodded.

    "He's got no control over that. I'll be fine. I'm tough." I chuckled a bit and hugged him tightly one last time. "I've got this." I gave Tonks a hug. "Take care of my little brother."

    "You know I will, dear. Take care of yourself."

    "I will. Now you guys need to go before someone sees you here." They nodded and left. I felt tears stinging in my eyes. This was for the best.  I sat on the couch and stared into the fire thinking about what the next few weeks would hold. Could I really go back to Hogwarts? I felt Severus sit next to me and I looked over at him. "How long do you have until you have to go back to school?" He sighed and looked over to this clock.

  "I've got a while."

  "That's the best news I've gotten in so long." I said with a little smile as I traced my finger tips over his arm that was resting on my lap.

   "And why is that?"

   "I'm just glad to have time with you." I laid my head on his chest.  

   "Me too, love." Severus ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my shoulder.

   "I saw grandfather." Severus stiffened at my side.

"Where?"

"The darkness. I had been there for what only felt like ten minutes. I never wanted to leave. Grandfather came to me. He showed me things. He made me want to come back. It was nice to see him. He said he was always with me." Severus smiled lightly.

"Not even death can stop Albus Dumbledore. What did he show you?" Severus cocked an eyebrow and looked down at me.

"He showed me what's important. That's all that matters. I didn't want to come back. I didn't want to fight anymore. But I owed it to someone."

"Well, I'm glad you came back." I kissed his cheek and smiled.

"Me too." We sat in silence for a while.

Severus laid down after a while and I laid at his side. I thought about Tom. I thought Severus. I thought about how much we've grown together. I thought about how something had to give. We couldn't go on like this.

"Severus, what does Tom intend to do with me? If I just give in?" His brow furrowed and he sat up a bit, looking at me.

"Why?"

"I've just always been curious." I shrugged. Severus relaxed a little and laid back.

"He wants to train you. Train you to fight and use your powers to their fullest extent."

"Do you think he could?" He was quiet for a moment.

"Yes. He could. But the things he would make you do... they would ruin you."

"I don't doubt that. Well, lets go get some rest." Severus nodded and stood, picking me up while he did. I chuckled a little and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you."

"I love you too, my dear." He laid me down on the bed and sprawled out next to me before pulling me close to his side. He was asleep in no time. I watched him for a while. Studied all of him. He was going to kill me. I placed a small kiss on his forehead and stood. I knew exactly what I had to do. I apparated quickly. Hopefully the pop wouldn't wake Severus up. Standing in front of Malfoy Manor, my throat felt as if it would close completely. I walked slowly. Wanting to take as much time as possible. I didn't know if i would ever leave this place again. Trembling, I walked through the doors and straight to Tom.

"Alex! To what do I owe this surprise?" He had a twisted grin stretched across his face. This was it.

"I'm ready...My Lord." Tom smiled a ran his hand along Nagini.

"Oh, you have no idea how long I've waited for this." Tom stood and walked over to me eagerly. "Let's go, my pet."