Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Josh raced to the hospital but hesitated when he got to the parking lot. He knew if he took her in he could risk someone finding Kate and get arrested.

He speed out of the parking lot and went back to his house. He got to his house and brought Kate inside.

She was cool. Not cold but he knew she had to wake up soon or he might loose her.

He grabbed an IV he had in his closet that he "borrowed" from the hospital when he left. Kate started to develop more color in her cheeks so Josh left her in the bedroom.

He did not shut or lock the door this time. He left it cracked open a little so he could hear her when she woke up.

~At the Precinct~
"A man going 75 mph down 47th street has caused several accidents. He has not been identified or arrested. He was last seen turning at Lex and 47th" announced the television.

Rick automatically looked up from his cold coffee and at the screen.

He recognized the person in the car from the video.

"Hey guys, come check this out!" Rick screamed from the break room.

"Is that Josh?" Espo asked as he ran over with Ryan not that far behind him.

"Let's go!" they all said in unisons as they ran to the elevator tripping over chairs and other people.