Chapter 9

Breath Away

Chapter 9

Rick went home that night and could not sleep. Not having Kate next to him was like not having the covers in bed.

He laid down on the couch but never feel asleep. He just thought about how and what Kate was probably going through right now. He just wanted to hold her. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He knew if he told her all of this she would probably get scared so he kept it to himself. At least for now.

~

It's been a week since Josh took Kate. She was nothing but black and blue marks and red slap marks from her abuser.

Any chance he got he would hit or kick her. Every time he did it he said he loved her and that she would love him back but Kate knew what love was. She felt it anytime she talked about, was near, or even thought about Rick.

She wanted to tell him how much she loved him but she had to get out of here first.

Kate got up from the cold cement floor. She was hand cuffed to the wall so she couldn't run away. She remembered she had a hair pin in her hair still. She grabbed and started playing with the lock on the cuffs.

Kate heard a huge slam and she almost jumped out of skin. His footsteps were so loud coming down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he had a tray in his hand but not of food.

It was needles.