Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Kate woke up and she realized she was not in the basement anymore. She was in a bedroom. Not her old one at her apartment and not Rick's bed.

Josh walked in with a plate of food and coffee. He placed it down on the side table.

"Good morning. I made you breakfast and got you coffee." Josh said and smiled at Kate who was very confused and still groggy from whatever Josh had injected her with.

"Where am I? What happened to me?" Kate asked.

"You are in your new room. I saved you Kate. You were so unhappy. You can sleep here with me now." He said with a large smirk on his face.

Kate looked around the room. It is a bedroom but why here?

Josh got up and leaned down to Kate and kissed her forehead before he left the room.

Kate sat up slowly. Her muscles were sore and black and blue. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror and almost scared herself. She barely even recognized herself. She had tear stains down her cheeks. Her teeth were turning yellow, and her mouth was extremely dry.

Kate lifted up her shirt and looked in the mirror. She had bruises and cuts down her back and shoulders. She had two hickeys on her neck and dried blood behind her ear.

There was a shower in the bathroom. Kate hesitated but proceeded to take her clothes off.

She turned on the water and got undressed. The water was warm but it stung her back. Her cuts were getting red and they burned, but it felt so good to be some what clean. She washed her hair and looked down to the drain as the dried blood and dirt spiraled down it.

All of the sudden Kate felt a massive pain in her lower abdomen. She feel to her knees as the pain intensified. She blacked out.

Josh came in a few minutes later. He banged on the door.

"Kate you better still be in there and not trying to run away." He warned her. He ran into the bathroom when he couldn't find her in the bedroom. He found her passed out on the shower tile the water still running down her back.

She was hunched over with her head against the wall. The water had washed away the blood but you could still see it.

Josh picked her up, wrapped her in a towel and carried her out the door and to his car.