Chapter 11. Where she feels her heart clench.

The doctor refused to give them any hint regarding Vani's condition- the tests were not clear and they needed to be sure before diagnosing anything. She had just asked them to send Mr Verma right into her cabin after he arrived and it had scared Arshiya so much that she had barged into Vani's room and shook her shoulders senseless demanding her to tell her what's wrong.

But Vani had only smacked her on the back of her head and chided her for being so negative. She had repeated 'I am fine!' but the three girls had noticed her glazed eyes. However, they chose not to make a comment about it and let it go for now.

"I will go call Ma and tell them Vani is awake." Arshiya pulled out her phone from her jeans' pocket and walked out of the room as she dialed her mother's number.

"Arshu?"

"Ma?" She pulled her phone from her ear and looked at the screen in surprise. The phone wasn't ringing yet.

"Arshu, here."

Arshiya looked over her shoulder and saw her mother wave her ringing phone at her from the end of the corridor.

"Ma."

She smiled and paused. What? Why was he here? Arshiya turned rigid as Vihaan emerged from the elevator behind her mother with picnic basket in his hands, followed by her father. As they walked towards her, Arshiya wished for the corridor to become so long that he couldn't reach her but unfortunately nothing happened.

"Arshu, what happened? Why were you calling me? Are you okay?" Anita looked over her daughter with great care- phew. She sighed when she couldn't find anything out of the place and turned to face the ward. "Is Vani okay? Did something happen to her? Arshu, say something. You are scaring me, say something-" Rakesh put a full stop to her nervous rant.

"Anita, you are not letting her speak."

Arshiya smiled so wide that her eyes burned with tears of happiness. "Ma, Papa. Vani is awake."

Anita gasped. "Really?"

Arshiya nodded.

"Oh my god. Let us go see her." Anita pulled at her husband's arm and rushed inside Vani's ward.

She turned and jumped back as something brushed her face. It was a white linen handkerchief.

"Take it." He countered as he held it out for her and she pulled her hands behind her back.

"N-No- I can-n-not possibly-"

"Arshiya."

"No. I-let me take that." Arshiya spotted the basket in his hands and pulled at the underside of the basket that are safe from his touch. But with her strength, it was impossible to take it out of his hands and now they were in a deadlock position.

"Pleas-" She paused as his free hand brushed against hers and stuffed the handkerchief in her hands just as she pulled her hand back.

"-eek!" She hiccupped and Vihaan chuckled as he brushed past her and, into the ward. Arshiya would have screamed at his back if she was not in the hospital.

This insolent man.... why is he everywhere? Arshiya grumbled unhappily as she folded the hanky in her hand and stuffed it in her pocket. No way was she using this-she thought and walked inside the ward to the sight of stumped Srishti and Anu at the sight of the business tycoon holding their lunch and a helpless Vani stuck in the claws of her crying mother while her father stood like the odd one out in the chaos.

Help! Help! Vani folded her hands in plea behind her mother's back and Arshiya pursed her lips to stop herself from laughing.

You- Vani narrowed her eyes at her as she pointed at her in disbelief.