Chapter 5. Where she sends him cupcakes.

Arshiya swayed on her feet as she eyed the delicacies in glass cases with a glint in her eyes. Finally, after a weekend of the continuous 'treatment' from her mother and friends, she was let out of the confines of her house. But, finally, she was back on her feet and the first thing she did, was to pay her favorite candy store a visit.

Arshiya finally decided on her favorite pink frosted cupcakes with candy sprinkles on it, and then she remembered him.

'.....Chocolates or Cupcakes?"

'Cupcakes?'

Even if there was no evidence that it was a serious answer on his behalf, it was still a good thank-you treat.

That's enough reasoning for her.

She ordered a swirling purple frosting cupcake with nuts as if matching his dark mysterious personality and asked the lady of the shop to pack it in a separate box.

She asked for a small colorful card on the inside of the box and tucked it inside of the lid with the colorful tape, after writing something on it.

"Thank you." She returned the pen and tape to the lady and walked out of the shop after paying for the treats and the card.

'Off to VM Towers Establishment, then....' She raised her hand in an attempt to hire a taxi, but with no luck as she found them already full of passengers.

But just see her luck, that she spotted him standing across from her on the other side of the road in front of his car, that was parked in front of the park opposite to the shop. She took in his usual work attire and bit her lower lip as she thought of the possibility of catching him off guard.

None, Arshiya giggled as she leisurely crossed the road and froze as she heard him talking on the phone, more like growling at the person on the other side of the phone, like a lion.

He looks busy....

"Fuck Nakul, you are telling me this now." He hissed into the phone angrily and she flinched in fear.

..and angry.

She gulped the lump in her throat and looked at the carry bag in her hand, that has 'sweet childhood' written in stylish swirling black ink over the printed cupcake.

..and he can scold her for disturbing him.

Her shoulders slumped down in defeat and she yet again walked towards the crossing to return to the shop to return the extra treats.

Her steps paused briefly as she spotted a small girl, sitting on the small bench, outside the park, licking the candy lollipop. Small children, gosh they are so lucky. Not a care of the world. Not a care of being reprimanded and...

A light bulb glowed in her head.

Arshiya walked towards the bench and smiled at the small girl, who looked up at her with her big eyes, as soon as she spotted Arshiya. "Hi, can I sit here?"

The girl looked at Arshiya cautiously but nodded and Arshiya's smile widened.

"Thanks, dear. My name is Arshiya. What is your name?"