25|Feeling new

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

--Soren Kierkegaard

Bree's POV

"Are you fucking kidding me Bree?!" Jackson yells at me while I just continue staring at my hands on my lap. He's mad because I decided on forgiving Aiden's mom and I really don't have a justification as to why I forgave her. "And Aiden I thought you knew better about how to handle your mom after what she did!"

"I know I know I'm sorry but I can't deny that I don't regret giving her another chance. She did it under dad's pressure Jackson and honestly I wouldn't have thought of giving her another chance-"

"But you did right?! Maybe you should've thought of how rude they were with Bree and Jayden. Bree's a forgiving person and that's the reason you're here right now-"and now it's my turn to speak.

"Jackson I know you're trying to make things right for me but maybe its time you look at things in my perspective. Aiden is not here because I'm a forgiving person but he's here because he deserves to be here and so does his mom. I didn't just forgive her for what she's done out of my kindness or something but I forgave her because I know she was in a helpless position with her husband and she couldn't think about what's right but she could only think of ways to keep her husband safe for all the days he had left,"

"Bree-"I stop Aiden from talking by showing him my hand and stand up to look at Jackson. This is the first time in years that I argued with Jackson and honestly it feels horrible to talk to him like that. "I'm sorry Jackson, I didn't mean to sound rude..."

Jackson just stands there with his fists in his pockets facing the window. Who knew we could have such a heated argument in the office? I take small steps closer to Jackson with the fear that he's probably angry with me and the last time Jackson was angry with me was a year ago while I started getting into self-harm again. "Why are you always right?!"

He turns to me rolling his eyes with annoyance reminding me of young Jackson. A smile finds its way to my face immediately and I hug my brother with relief washing over me. "Love you brother,"

"Love you too kitty,"

"Did you just start using my nick name again?" I ask grinning as I step back from Jackson's warm embrace. "I guess I did,"

He grins at me before looking over to Aiden who's walking over to us with a smile, "it's good to see you guys like this,"

"I'm sorry I was rude to you," Jackson apologizes scratching the back of his neck. "Jackson I've known you for almost as long as I know Bree and I know you were just looking out for your little sister,"

"Hey I'm not little," I scoff making both of them laugh at me.

"You'll always be my little sister though," Jackson points out making me smile widely. Everything feels right and I couldn't ask for more. I know Jayden will always be a missing piece of our lives but again he'll always be with us.

But as for me right now, all I can say is I'm feeling new. Like the good 'ol me.

xxxxx

I smile feeling Aiden's feather light kisses down my jaw as he carries me into our room. Yeah not just my room anymore, it's our room.

The last thing I expected was to have the whole house to ourselves with even Maria gone and for all I know Aiden is behind all this. Well someone's way too horny today.