10|Start Of Something New.

"There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Aiden's pov.

She was right here, in my arms but I couldn't do anything more than just stare at her. The shock on her face was mixed with confusion and fear.

I felt like I would lose her if I let her go now. She didn't move neither did I. Before I could say anything she looks away and stands up to her feet.

She doesn't look at me and picks up the file that fell off her hand. She's been ignoring me even when I tried talking to her after our meeting on Wednesday.

I decided that I'm not going to let go of her again. She doesn't speak and walks up to her desk.

"What are you doing here? I thought we have a meeting at twelve o'clock," she says, facing her back towards me.

I retained my posture and began to speak, "I-I need to talk to you."

She stiffens, still looking at the wall. She's the only person who can ever make me feel nervous.

"About what?" She asks me.

She would probably kick me out if I told her why I was here. It's better to lie first, "About the project."

I could see her relax and sigh before turning around to look at me. Her eyes were glassy and created a barrier between her emotions and me. It was more like the look she had on her face when I first met her in high school.

"Take a seat," she says and I walk up to the seat opposite to hers. I tried looking at her in the eye but she looked away and I know that she's hiding something.

"These are some of my designs and we could pick a few from these while I make new ones," she starts explaining and I shift my focus to her designs.

These designs are the best I've ever seen. The detailing is perfect and there's no way a person can ignore these beautiful pieces.

I look at her and she doesn't make eye contact. She continues to look into her creations so that she could show me more. How do I talk to her when she doesn't even look at me?

She hands me few more designs and I take a look at them. I'm already in love with her work and she never failed to mesmerise me. She looks up at the same time as I do but she looks away quickly making me sigh a little.

Why is she shutting me out?

You did this to yourself.

Aha that's true.

"Bree," I call her and it felt different when her name slipped out of my mouth 'cause I wasn't ready to talk to her but now it seems too late. She slowly lifts her gaze to mine and it felt like very thing around me stopped.

"What is it?" She asks me and looks away to look at the project layout.

You can do this.