Feel It Still

If you haven't read Theodore, then there is a spoiler in this chapter. It goes into depth of Paige's background.

I recommend reading Theodore

I pull at my skirt as I eye Racheal's apartment complex. I was nervous. Beyond nervous.

I was never good with confrontation.

Hailey was up there. I had to confront our problem as soon as I walked through the door.

I'm so freaking nervous.

I take in a deep breath and push passed the door. I have to hurry up the stairs. They are all waiting for me.

I hope she cant smell the anxiety on me. It's practically oozing out of my pores.

Oh wait, that's sweat.

I tap on Racheal's door three times. I'm sure they can tell on the other side of the door that my hands are shaking by the way I knocked.

The door is pulled open and a little person in standing there. "Hi there. You must be Sydney." She speaks. "I'm April, you can come in." April pulls the door open the rest of the way.

"Racheal and the others are in her room which is at the end of that hallway. Good luck." April says and goes back to watching her cartoons.

She is very outgoing. She cant be more than 6 years old.

Before I can knock on Racheal's bedroom door, it's pulled open and I'm grabbed and pulled into the room.  It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the lighting.

The lights are very dim. Once I can see, I notice how dark her room is. A dark red is painted on the wall with black trim. Dark paintings and band posters cover the walls. Marilyn Manson is playing in the background from her computer.

"Uh, nice room, Racheal."

"Why, thank you, Sydney. Paige and Hailey are scared."

"It looks like a brothel." Paige snapped. Racheal rolls her eyes and huffs, throwing herself down onto her bed.

"What is she doing here?" I hear Hailey whisper to Racheal.

"We are going to talk about everything. We are going to sit here all night and tell every single secret about ourselves. And after that we are going to watch scary movies and eat popcorn because that's what friends do. Now sit your ass down in a circle and don't make me make you hold hands, because I damn well will do it. Don't think I wont." Paige warns.

"Sit," We all slide down onto the black rug laying on the floor of Racheal's room.

"Now what?" Racheal asks.

"Sydney is going to explain herself and all of us are going to shut up and not speak a word until she is finished. Every single detail, don't leave anything out."

"Everything?"

"Everything, god dammit!"

I hold up my hands in surrender. "Fine, fine. From the beginning."

"Ryan cheated on me months ago. With Jade.  I didn't tell anyone except Paige, who was very, very drunk. I thought she would forget about it when she passed out, but she told Theo somehow. Thanks for that, by the way."

"No problem," she smiles sadly

"Theo obviously told Dallas and then he asked me about it. I told him to fuck off for awhile but he kept pestering me. Finally, I told him about it. After that, I tried to avoid him. All I wanted was to get revenge on Ryan. And I did. I guess along the way I forgot to tell you about it," I said to Hailey.