The Boy Who Saw Snow For The First Time

As I walked down the street, people were staring at me. I bet it was because of my gas mask, I wore it all the time, I don’t know why but it comforts me when I wear it. “Look at him...why does he have that gas mask on?” A girl asked as I kept walking down the street. You could see my eyes, my green eyes, and I have pale skin, that doesn’t help it, makes me look like a ghost. I kept walking and I put my hands into my pockets of my jeans. “I like his white hair…”, another girl said, I’m not old, I just have white hair, I’m sixteen.

I kept walking down the street towards my house, then a girl who had headphones on walked up to me. I stopped walking and she stopped in front of me. “What’s your name?” She asked. I didn’t say anything, I hardly talked, but whenever I did talk, it was towards my mother or father, they said I have a very nice deep voice. I shaked my head and continued walking towards my house, that was a few houses away from me. I hope my mother and father aren’t fighting again. I kept walking and a girl grabbed my arm, she felt like she was half my size, because she had small hands.

I looked down at her and slowed down walking, her big blue eyes were so cute, she looked like she was six years old. “Alex, Alex”, she said cutely and she had a big cute smile. She was just so cute, my face was probably red. I stopped walking and went onto one knee while the other was supporting me to stay up, it looks like I’m proposing to her, even though I wasn’t. “My name isn’t Alex, little girl”, I whispered so no one else could hear me.

She nodded her head and she sat down on my thigh. She gave me a hug and I smiled because her hug was comfy. I took my hands out of my pockets and my long arms wrapped around her tiny body. She was so small and cute, then people looked over at us weirdly. “So he is nice to people, that’s so cute, because he’s giving a hug to a little girl”, a girl said and walked past me. She stood up and stopped hugging me, she ran over to her mother and father and walked with them, I stood up and continued walking home.

I got closer to my house, it was about two houses away from me now. I looked up at the sky. The sky is blue as ever, I wonder what it looks like without the gas mask on, oh well, I will never know. I walked up the stairs and opened my house door, I walked inside and closed the door behind me quietly. “YOU NEVER DID LOVE ME DID YOU?” My father yelled at my mother. “YOU NEVER LOVED ME I KNOW THAT FOR SURE!” My mother yelled back.

I walked downstairs, into my basement and into my room, I closed my door quietly, I didn’t want to be a part of the yelling conversation again. “JUST LEAVE ME IF YOU WANT TO! I KNOW YOU HAD AN AFFAIR WITH MY BOSS!” My mother yelled at my father. “YOU GO LIVE WITH MY BROTHER SINCE YOU HAD AN AFFAIR WITH HIM!” My father yelled back at my mother. “GO LIVE WITH THEM!” They both yelled at each other at the same time. It’s like this everyday, I kind of got used to it. Even though nobody should be used to it.

“GO SEE IF I CARE!” My mother yelled at my father, hopefully my father doesn’t hit her again, so I don’t have to beat him up like last time. My father and mother are both short, they are 5’4 tall, yet I’m 6’5 tall. Yes, I know, I’m taller than my parents. I’m like a monster. “PLEASE! PLEASE DON’T HIT ME!” My mother yelled, I took off my gas mask and I ran upstairs. My father’s fist was in the air already about to hit her, I stood in front of my mother and took the punch for her. “Lucifer…”, my mother whispered loudly, surprised at the tone of her voice.

“Don’t hit her again, or else I’ll beat you up again, even though you are my father”, I said while he looked up at me and I looked down at him. “Fine”, my father said as he stomped through the hallway into his room. “Thank you, Lucifer”, my mother said as she hugged me, I hugged her back. I nodded my head as in ‘you’re welcome’. I just can’t see women get beat up by men, it’s not right. Men are stronger, so it hurts more. I don’t care if a girl hits me, I won’t hit back, unless they have a weapon, like a knife.