OS#3:The Letter Of Love~Shivika.

Shivaay's pov:
I saw Omru glued to the TV,while leaving for a meeting. I don't know what exactly that were watching,but I was sure some interview. And yes,why to focus on that interview,while I'm leaving to meet my client? This client was someone special. She was the head of the Mehta hotels,and we were planning a business merger. Another reason was that bade papa and badi Maa had planned her marriage with our Om. So it was really important for me to see her. I repeatedly kept asking bade papa the name of the girl. Everyone in the house knew her,except me. I wish I was present the day she,along with her family came for the alliance. But after lots of asking,bade papa finally gave me a hint-that I knew her,as she was my college mate. After getting her description,I remembered my Anika. She was my first crush on college. I've never loved someone else. But she was a year junior to me. To focus on her career,she left for London. And to my fate,I was going to propose her the same day she left. But now again I'm shifting away from work. I mean to see what Omru were watching. She then,my gaze fell on the girl,who was been questioned concept of love by the interviewer. She was none other my Anu,my Anika! I asked Rudy about her,and his reply surprised me. She was a singer? Before I could ask anything more,I heard bade papa's voice,asking me to leave soon. Without wasting any time,I left.

I reached the coffee shop. And then,she arrived. My eyeballs popped out of my sockets. SHE WAS MY ANIKA!

Anika's pov:
I saw Shivaay waiting for me there. He's so handsome!more than he was in college! I remember him asmy best friend in college. I literally rushed towards him and gave him a bond crashing hug. He slid his hands across my waist,hugging me back. His touch always effects me. I shivered. We sat and ordered our drinks. As always,his espresso matters him. He'll never change,not me,by selecting a cappuccino. We were talking randomly,and I started my talks. I remember him calling me a radio,as I talk a lot. While talking,I noticed his expression. He was staring at me. This expression was undefined. He didn't look bored,rather he was interested! I finally said about my marriage. I saw his face fall. He was uncomfortable. Seeing his condition,I changed my talks and asked him about business. He was really expressive,but in the matter if love,an idiot. We drove towards his Mansion,where I took blessings of all the elders. My family was already there,my dad,mom and sis,Gauri. Today was my Roka. Pandit ji arrived. Before we could start the Roka ceremony,we were stopped by Pinky aunty.

Pinky:arre waits! Jethani ji,mujhe aapki kuck kehna hai. Accusing kal Maine Sunidhi(AnRi's mom) se baat ki. And aaj humne socha......

Sunidhi:ki Shivaay aur Gauri ki shaadi Omkara aur Anika ke saath hi hogi!

I felt kinda hurt somewhere by those words. I don't know why. I was getting married to Om,who was my childhood friend and classmate,and we had no problem with each other. And Gauri was my sister,she could marry any time she wanted,with anyone. Why was this sticking me so much?

Shivaay's pov:
I reacted to mom's words. But she whispered something in my ear. She said,that she always wanted to make Anika as her bahu,but Gauri was her carbon copy. If not Anika,why not someone like Anika? I quietly agreed. I saw mom with a happy face. At least not mine,but her happiness always matters to me. The Roka took place. Then engagement,then Mehandi,then Haldi,accompanied by Sangeet. In those days,Me and Anika became more close. I however controlled myself and convinced myself that I was getting married to Gauri,not Anika.

Days passed. Today was the last day. My wedding. The famous OmIka and ShivRi wedding was taking place. I met Om and discussed the whole matter with him. I even engrossed myself in writing a letter. Later,Dadi called me and says that according to some ritual,I,being Om's brother has to bring Anika. And Om,Gauri. I went to Anika's room while she was in the washroom. I quietly kept the letter there and left.

Anika's pov:
I had heard someone entering the room while I was taking a shower. I thought mom had entered. Then,Shivaay's voice made me realize I need to hurry and get ready for my wedding. Somewhere,my heart pricked. I don't know,why I was not feeling nice with Om. I just shooed the feeling away,thinking it to be the sentimentality whole leaning mom and dad.

My bridal outfit also distracted me. I just loved my bridal outfit. I headed towards the dressup table,for wearing my accessories. Just then,something on the table grabbed my attention. A letter for me,as my name was written on the letter,beautifully. By seeing the handwriting,I could predict that it was Shivaay's letter. But why would he write a letter to me?I thought. I opened and started reading the letter to reduce my curiosity.

Author's pov:Anika started reading the letter.

Hi Anika. It's me,Shivaay. You must be wondering why I'm writing a letter to you. I could have simply said these words. But being a stone,it's not easy to confess your feelings. See,I don't know why on earth do people use these cheesy lines to confess something. But I'll just say in one simple sentence-I love you,Anika. I know,it's really late,but I can't ignore this fact. I fell for you the very first day I met you in college,but to my fate,you left for London on the day I wanted to propose you. Since after you left,I felt alone. I lost my belief in love. You again met me,4 yrs later,but as my would-be-Bhabhi. This realization really struck me. And before I could tell me feelings to you again,mom announced my wedding with your sister,Gauri. She always said,that she wanted to make you as her bahu,but since you were getting married to Om,she decided getting me married to Gauri. But I didn't want this. I knew that I was doing wrong with 4 of us. With me,with you,with Om and with Gauri. But really,I didn't want someone like you,I always wanted you. I started falling for you more,during the pre-marriage functions. I fell for you,when the ring dropped from my hand and your hand while making Gauri and Om wear the ring. I fell for you,when accidentally due to Prinku,Om made an "S" on your palm instead of "O". I fell for you,when the Haldi which was going to be applied on Gauri(which was touched by me) feel on you,making you as my partial wife(the ritual said that the husband should touch the Haldi and then it gets applied to his wife). I fell for you,when Mr and Mrs Kapoor accidentally mistook us for a couple,on the Sangeet function,due to our closeness. And today,on the day of marriage,I'm finally confessing that I love you. I had a talk with Om and Gauri today,where they said that they're too in love with each other. I will not force you to love me,or marry me,but I just want to say,that I love you,I'll die without you,as I'm incomplete without you.
From Yours and Only Yours,
Shivaay.

Anika was left stunned after reading the letter. Without wearing any accessories,she ran towards Shivaay's room.

The door slammed open,with an Anika with tears,and with a Shivaay sitting on his knees,almost crying. Seeing his Laado love,Shivaay stood up. The next moment,they were in each others arms,sharing their sorrows.

Anika(whispering):I love you too,Shivaay!

Listening to this,Shivaay tightened the hug. And then they turned to see the whole family standing behind them. We can predict,that the whole scene was was witnessed by the whole family. Dadi came to Shivaay and cupped his face,and smiled. The next thing,which she says,was a pleasant shock to RiKara and Shivika.

Dadi:Billu,I know that you love Anu. The only thing is that,you cannot confess it,as you are a stone. I'm sorry for lying,but there's no such ritual where in the brother brings his
sister-in-law. It's always the groom and the bride coming together for the wedding. I already knew that Omkara and Gauri loved each other,but the realization of you two was important. And now,I can proudly say,that my grandsons have become true Ishqbaaz!
Shivomru:Dadi!

And then,the wedding bells rang. All were witnessing the two weddings. But here was a change,for sure. This time,it was not ShivRi or OmIka wedding,but,the Shivika and RiKara wedding. The letter didn't have any kind of proposal,but for Anika,it was the greatest gift. After all,she knew,that her done Singh Oberoi was different,and would do something hatke always. She was happy with this proposal of difference. And at last,the whole family day:Dil bole Oberoi!

The End.

1st Prize in competition held by Oberois_ke_deewane.

Target:60+votes,30+comments.