13. Mireille's shenanigans

Start from the beginning

Adrien sighed. Why didn't he feel nervous and in love with her like he did in his dreams?
Did he not love his soulmate anymore?

There definitely was something off about Mireille. She doesnt seem like the real deal.

But Marinette did. Adrien knew since the day he crashed into her which caused the whole egg incident, there was something special about Marinette.

Adrien shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut. No that cannot be. Marinette doesn't have the earrings, Mireille does.

Even if Marinette was his soulmate, she surely would of noticed Adrien's ring by now. Anyway, why would Mireille lie and say she's his soulmate? How would she even know about their dreams to begin with?

The only people who knew, was his dad, Nino, his soulmate of course and Chloe.

Chloe. She didn't tell anyone did she?

"Mireille, if you are not busy and are able to, can you please go find Alya and Nino? I want to go check on Marinette."

"NO!" Mireille screeched.
Adrien took a step back in shock.

"I mean, I should check on Marinette and apologise again. Plus I don't know what Alya and Nino look like. You should go find them."

Adrien nodded.
"Okay then. I'll call you when I find them, yeah? Thanks Mireille." He let go of her hands and ran out of the pet shop to search for his two friends.

Mireille sighed and stared at the ring in her hand that she managed to slip off Adrien.

Chloe popped out of her hiding place. She put an arm on Mireille's shoulder and patted her head.

"You did great, Mireille." Chloe smiled warmly at her.

Mireille beamed, happy she pleased her new best friend.

"You really think so, Chloe?" Mireille grinned.

"Yeah. I'm really happy I chose you for the job."

Mireille blushed.
"I feel really horrible, treating Marinette like that. I don't really like Adrien as much anymore. I feel so fake." She said sadly, frowning at the floor.

Chloe pulled her in for a genuine hug. Something about Mireille made her protective. Making the shy bluenette feel this way didn't seem worth it to split up Adrien and Marinette.

Wait, what was she thinking?!

"It's okay, Mireille. Remember how horrible Marinette is. How she made me feel. She deserves this. Adrien deserves better than her too. You. Aren't you happy to be able to be with your idol?" Chloe rubbed her back in the hug.

"I don't know anymore." Chloe pulled away. They couldn't back out or stuff up now. If Adrien found out, Chloe would be hated forever.

"I promise it will always be worth it in the end. Now hold onto that ring and don't loose it. Go to Marinette. You got this, M." Chloe grinned.

Mireille blushed at her new nickname. She nodded, before sprinting away. Something just made her want to please Chloe.

Chloe frowned as she watched Mireille run away. Something about that girl, made her feel bubbly inside.

Woah. That sounded gay. Chloe was absolutely NOT gay.

Then why did she feel jealous seeing Mireille with Adrien?

Maybe she should end the plan.

***

Marinette stood in the public bathroom, staring at her appearance in one of the mirrors.