Chapter- Eight

Several weeks passed and I met this really nice woman Jessica Samson. We hit it off real well. We had our fun and she knew I wasn't staying in Chicago long but I'm sure she would come. She happens to also work in Palmer Tech but she makes me feel the way Sara made me feel. The way Emma couldn't.

Jesse left me a note saying she left Chicago. Hopefully one day we'all meet again. PS I love the fun we had. I'm not sure I was happy about it but it was time to go home. I realize I've left notes before going somewhere.

I got back and I found Oliver standing in his club alone. "Its Five, Ollie where is everyone?" I asked. "Eliza. Your back." He said hugging me. The way he looked at me was different. "Felicity told you didn't she?" I asked. "Which part? The fact you know who I am or that your Phoenix." He said. "Well. Both. Um... I guess now you know and probably looked up what I did." I said and he smirked. "I'll take a shot now." I said and he went behind the bar. "I was speaking more along the lines of shot by a bullet but this is so much better." I said and we drank.

Ollie gave me a tour and he gave me the pole. "Try it out." He said. "Okay. Fine." I took it and threw my shirt on the ground. I set it down and stretched. "Wo. What is." John said. "Hiya Johnny." I said stretching.

"Felicity told me about Eliza and how she spends most her nights." Ollie said. "Yea. I'm trying out the ladder." I said grabbing and putting it high and then pulling up. I tossed myself up two. "A lot harder than it looks." I said going more.

As I went out from hearing the Hood was at UNIDAC industries. I put my Phoenix suit on and Lance was behind me. "Are you back for good?" He asked. "My leads on your daughter have failed me. I do still believe she is alive. This was more important." I said looking at the arrows. "Copycat. I don't think so. Not in my city." I said walking away.

I went to the Verdant in my Phoenix suit. Felicity was talking about how she needed to connect her tablet to the Merlyn computers. "Lucky for you I work for them. I can get you in." I said pulling my hood back. "Okay. How?" Ollie asked and his face had a small bruise. "I walk right in through the front door. You dumbass." I said. "Felicity I'll be at Merlyn Global in thirty, wear what you got on and bring a clipboard with a list of bullshit things I would do in a normal day." I said and walked out.

I changed and went to Merlyn global. I gave Felicity my coffee. "You say nothing you are my assistant from Palmer tech." I said as we walked in. "Hey Jim. Merlyn in?" I asked the guard as Felicity followed. "He's in a meeting. I'm sure he wants to see you. I'll let him know your here." He said. "Jimmy. Could I surprise him? I feel like he needs a cheer up in his life." I asked and he thought for a second. "Fine." He said as we went into the elevator as I grabbed my coffee.

I stopped the elevator at the twenty fifth. "Okay. Come with me." I smiled and set my cup in the small trash can that was useless in the elevator. I pulled her on top. "Do not look down." I said. "Tooo late." Felicity said shaking. "Okay, Felicity close your eyes." I said shooting a grapple up and swinging across. I opened the door and swank back to grab her. She tried to scream but it was more of a hum. "Your alive and not in the elevator shaft." I said and she opened her eyes.

I took her to the drives where she could hack. I made sure I had time. Malcom usually took for ever in meetings so I could easily get back. "Got it." She said as we went up. Malcom had just walked out and Felicity looked her awkward self. "Eliza. Your back." He smiled. "Yea. This is my assistant from Palmer tech. Petunia Everluck. She's not the best. Um. why are you here? Go away. You." I called out to his assistant. "Take my assistant downstairs to the lobby. I dislike having an assistant but Ray kept pushing. Both of you act like children when it comes to me." I said with a smirk.

We talked until late. I told him all about my new ex girlfriend Jessica. He laughed as I told him I left once like that. Not my best moment. Then the power went out. "Um. Malcom?" I asked. "Must be a malfunction." He said. "Malcom Merlyn you have failed this city." The Hood was behind me. "Leave." He told me. "No." Malcom said and threw something at my back. I fell over.

I was in pain as I watched Ollie fight Malcom. I touched my back and looked at my hand. Blood. "Ollie." I cried for help as Malcom beat Ollie. Malcom walked up to me. "I didn't want to do this. He pushed my hand." Malcom said as I couldn't feel my legs. "I can't feel my legs." I started tearing up. "Shit." He mumbled under his breath.

I was in a hospital the next thing I know as Malcom dropped me off on the street like I was mugged. No Identification so the hospital wouldn't have known who I was. They whispered that I'll never be able to walk again. What was going to happen to Ollie? I asked myself.

I came out of surgery and they saw me awake. "Ma'am what's your name?" The doctor asked. "Eliza. Eliza Queen." I said and he started writing it down. "Can I call my mother and family?" I asked. "Sure. Here's the phone." He moved the phone to my bedside. "Can I ask if I'm paralyzed?" I asked. "Honestly you have a two percent of ever walking again. I am truly sorry." He said and left.

I called Mom and she was bringing Thea. There were two officers who came in. "Ma'am we need a description of the two attackers." The first one said. "Two? I don't remember much. I was walking and then I felt a pain in my back. After that I don't remember but getting kicked out of a van." I said shaking. Mom came in. "Eliza. What happened? Are you questioning her?" She questioned them. "We are so sorry ma'am we'll fill out the report." They left. "Mom. It was Merlyn. He did this to me." I said almost in tears.

"He will pay. I'm gonna go live. I'll tell everyone everything." She said when Thea and Ollie came in. "Eliza. Are you okay? Mom called me and said you were in the hospital." He started.

"I'm okay. I have a two percent chance of walking again." I said frowning. They all went silent. Thea grabbed my hand. "We'll get through this together." She said and I gave her a slight smile. "If you don't mind I'd like to get some sleep and talk to Mom for a second." I asked and Thea kissed my cheek with a hug. Ollie hugged me and then kissed my forehead. "Mom. Do what you have to do. I love you." I said as she hugged me.

As the night came Moira Queen was Threatened by Malcom Merlyn over destroying the glades. "Everyone in the Glades needs to get out now." She said and then the police came and she was taken. Thea and Ollie were there and I was trapped.

I felt pain in my legs and hands. Like something inside me woke up. My nanotechnology. They are suppose to go into people's blood system and destroy diseases and find things about people. I started shaking and then I opened my eyes. It was a reaction and then I fell back in pain. My eyes drained of what seemed to be my life.