Bye-Bye Blakes

"Matthew!', I spat out between my teeth, not even bothering to hide the hate in my voice. "Why did you call?" I turned my torso to see Dad react the same way, with anger, when he heard Matthew's name. A roller-coaster of expressions rode over his face and now he looked completely worried.

"I just called to let you know how your Mother is doing, I just presumed you would want to know." I let out a growl from my chest and narrowed my eyes on the phone, even though I knew he couldn't see me. Damn the way he sounded so happy and calm! On the count of wanting to give him a player for his own game, I replied,

"Well how is she doing then?" Even I cringed at the sickly sweet tone in my voice; and I could only tell Matthew was shocked with my response.Turning my back to Dad, I ignored whatever it was he was saying. 

"Well, she has been treated with painkillers since yesterday, and she will soon be treated with a prosthesis arm. Currently she is doing very well and she will leave sooner then later. Don't worry, your Mother is fine." Oh God, how is he so calm?!- Wait. Was he just being... nice? A confused frown creased my forehead and, as if he could see me, he let out a small chuckle. That guy really knew how to push my buttons!

On the same instant, I took in what he had just said- Mum was being treated and she would be fine.  I let all pain and stress flood through me as I let out a sigh of relief. I turned back and flashed Dad the biggest smile I had ever pulled; then quickly turned back to the phone. So much excitement washed into me I didn't even register what I was doing properly.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I yelled into the phone.

" Well the group of professional doctors we have taking care of her won't let her down." Something felt so wrong but I couldn't help but care less. 

"So Caitlyn', he said with a different expression in his voice, it seemed as though he was back to the somewhat 'evil ' tone. 

" I was thinking th-'. I cut him short because frankly, I didn't care for what he had to say. Throwing the phone on the sofa, I lay don on it. Tired. All of that seemed awesome for be; but were they just too good to be true?

Aunt Sarah walked in and took a seat next to Uncle Callum.  She saw the happiness on his face and frowned in confusion when she realised that the three of us looked the same. 

"Am I missing something?" She asked.

We all seemed to be too indulged in our own worlds that we didn't even realise that she was speaking. She deliberately cleared her throat and asked again,

"Who was on the phone?" I snapped back to reality when she spoke again, and said,

"It was Matthew,' I said straight up. I tried my best to ignore the shock and fear in her face. 'He said Mum is getting on really well and she will be home sooner than expected" Everyones face lit up when they finally heard what I said.

"Oh I knew she was fine, at first I didn't know she'd make it; but to know that she's coming home soon... That's great!" Dad said.

Looking at Sarah's face, I could tell she was happy. For a couple of minutes, it was oddly quiet and we were all scrambling our thoughts. Then Aunt Sarah broke the silence.

"Callum honey, I think we should get going, I need to check on the house" Aunt Sarah ordered. 

"Call Tyra and Alex and tell them to get in the car, in coming" Uncle Callum answered instantly then he started talking to Dad about things I didn't care about. Aunt Sarah went upstairs to get Tyra and Alex. 

My Aunt and Uncle were the complete opposites. Aunt Sarah was more shy and quiet but Uncle Callum was loud and confident. Aunt Sarah and I didn't really talk much, it seemed like she didn't want to talk, she would always keep quiet and wouldn't talk to anyone but Mum. It seemed like she didn't want to talk to me, it was like she was hiding something from me but it was something that was affecting her a lot.