Arrival

I woke up. An electrocuted sting buzzed through me as I shifted out of my uncanny dream and snapped back into what seemed like reality. Where was I? Forcing my eyes into focus, I realised that I was here, again, on the ferry. But it was day time now and the sun was shining down on me. I let out a long yawn and stretched out my arms in a way that it almost knocked over Tyra who I realised was just sitting beside me with her earphones plugged in.

I took in the layers of warm blankets that pummelled over me and saw Dad in the far corner of the room, rhythmically tip-tapping his fingers together. When I realised that a bead of sweat trickled swiftly down the side of my face, I pushed myself out of the blankets so quickly that I almost tripped over my own two feet.

With that, Tyra jerked her head in my direction and pulled her earphones out

"What the hell was that?!" She exclaimed, gesturing her hand out for me to hold. But I sat there wincing at my pain.

Dad turned to see what all the reaction was about but all too quickly averted his eyes back to his tapping fingers. Picking myself up, I sat down on the pile of blankets that, just a second ago were suffocating me when I was buried under them.

Straightening out my hair and pulling on a cardigan, an instant breeze brushed past my face as I continued walking on. Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I found a piece of- of rough paper? I wasn't sure what it was so I pulled it out and gave a quiet squeal as I noticed the £10.00 note in my pocket.

Slipping on down the stairs, I ran to the first floor where I remember the other ferry had the row of stores. I went into the quietest store on the edge and was happy to see that there were barely any people here. I saw the woman that worked at the till and noticed how she looked eager for my order.

"I'll just have some jasmine tea please" I asked looking at the long list of drinks they had to offer.

"Jasmine tea. Sure, that will be £3.99", she told me, gesturing her hand out towards me. I paid her and a frown creased my forehead as I saw the small amount of tea in my tiny cup. But I wasn't in the mood to argue. I went to the far corner of the Cafe and could feel the cashiers gaze on me as I carried on walking.

There was only one thing on my mind- that dream. As much as I tried to shake it off, I couldn't. It was like an irritating bug on my chest- one that I couldn't get rid of; despite my efforts. It was terrifying, yet so calm; and so unbelievably real, yet so fake. I could feel a vein throbbing in my temple the way it always does when I'm confused and frustrated.

I only took a sip of my tea and already had enough. I got up and disposed my cup, needing the fresh feeling of fresh air whipping past my face. As soon as I stepped out of the Cafe, I bumped straight into Macie.

"Where have you been?" She asked with the question of worry smeared across her face. She bent down to my level and asked again in a more calm tone,

"Where have you been? We've all been looking for you. If you want, I'll take you up to Dad and Alex." For a long time I just looked to the side, thinking about nothing in particular until I snapped back to reality. I turned to see that she was still standing there, looking at me waiting for my answer.

I cleared my throat and told her,

"Urmm, no that's okay. I just want to take a look around" I gave a small laugh and jerked away from her grip. She could only see my retreating back as I walked up the flight of stairs.

Alex was sitting on the seat playing on her phone and Chase was still asleep in front of her. I went up to Alex and took a seat next to her.

“What’s up?” Alex asked curiously

“Oh no, It’s nothing, I just wanted to check on Chase, and… Do you know where Dad put all of the luggage?”

“Yeah, it’s still in the car, why?”

“I’ll tell you when I come back just wait here” As soon as I said that, I ran down the stairs and got to the car park, I found, Uncle Callum’s car straight away because of its baby blue colour in contrast to the rest of the black and silver cars.

 I ran into the boot and pulled out suitcase, I unzipped it open and pulled out my bright red diary. I jotted down exactly what happened to Mum yesterday, including the date 11/05/2012 and the injury. The nurse exclaimed to us that Mum had been fed an overdose of drugs so that she would fall asleep and it would be an easier job for the attacker. I also jotted down notes from my dreams and every detail of what I had seen.

As soon as I finished with that, I shoved the diary back into the suitcase and put the suitcase back into the car. I ran back upstairs to find Alex in exactly the same seat, still indulged in her phone but Chase was sitting up, he must have just woken up.

“Caitlyn, what happened? Why did you suddenly disappear like that?”

“Oh, it was nothing important; I just had to write some stuff in my diary”

“Stuff like what?” Alex asked giggling

“Stuff like Mum’s attack”

“Oh, right; anyway, I’m bored, when will the ferry land?”

 “I don’t know, I think half an hour” I answered looking down at my watch. “Anyway, I need to comb my hair, I feel hideous”

“Here, I have a comb in my purse”Alexpulled the comb out of her purse and handed it to me. I took it and started combing my hair and I tied it into a nice fishtail braid coming down the side of my neck. I loved plaiting my hair because it was so long.

“Hey, you’re doing a fishtail braid, can you do my hair?” Alex pleaded

“Yeah, just comb your hair for me and I’ll get to it” As I finished off my hair with a pony hanging on the end, I walked over to Alex and began to plait her hair.

“So Caitlyn,’ she began, ‘how are you feeling?” I laughed at that. What a weird question.

“About what?” I asked, untangling a piece of her hair.

“You know, the whole holiday situation,” she pulled up her head to look at me, but I only slapped it down.

“Keep your head down!” I ordered; laughing all the while.

“Sheesh,” she replied and pushed her head into her chest. I tugged on a couple strands of her hair to pull her head up slightly and after that, we went silent. I kept trying to think up something to start something but I thought of nothing. I just kept plaiting her hair and soon enough I was done.

“Done!” I exclaimed jumping up and stretched my arms out. She went into the corner of the room and looked into the mirror. I took a sip of water and threw my head back into the chair. Dad walked into the room and ordered “Ten minutes! Grab your bags; we need to get into the car before the ferry docks.” Dad was always one to exaggerate with the time so I knew we probably have twenty minutes but Dad always had to be extra careful, I wasn’t going to argue with him.

We all ran downstairs with our bags and threw ourselves into the car. Dad left his car with Mum in case she needed anything with it, but it wasn’t a problem because Uncle Callum had a seven seater car. We squeezed ourselves into the car and drove home.  Home Sweet Home.

....................................................................................................................................................................................Authors Notes: Liked it? Hope you did :) Sorry about this chapter, there was no suspense but dont worry about that, ill try and make sure that doesnt happen again. Anyways, uploading the next chapter after 50 or more votes! :D