The Hospital

Pure frustration and fear twisted deeply into the remainder of my sullen face. My eyes were drilled wide open and not for the split second I hoped would it remove from the arm. The feeling of the fresh blood dripping down and into my skin paralysed my every thought as it was becoming more and more clear to me. What had happened? What I caused to happen.

 'You were late.' The words hammered through my already dysfunctional skull as I analysed them like Michael Scofield. I had to hold myself together. It was the text that. Tyra-TYRA! This was all her bloody fault; my mother’s arm was cut off because of Tyra. Why was she so surprisingly keen on me not going? I swear on what I can, I tried to concentrate, but all I ended up doing was going back inside and buying a giant bottle of cold water. My mouth was completely dry and I couldn’t think. Double checking to make sure I wasn't being tailed, I jogged back to the arm.

Behind the tree was a metal lodge slowly rusting into a horrible pinkish-brown? My mind, still wound up in its hurricane told me to do something really sickening, causing my stomach to cartwheel madly. I did not understand what spun through my head as I sickly, slowly dipped my hands into the box and felt the meaty, soft arm; for a long time I couldn't tell whether my hand was lost in her arm. Then I realised I felt a bone from the root of where her arm was cut, and I realised I was actually trapping my bare hand in her arm!

Lucky or not, the garden was quite crowded and I wasn't seen when I jerked my head back in awe. The gruesome feeling crawled through me like an Egyptian Beetle. Was it not a suspicion to have your arm covered in blood in a small corner of a crowded garden? Trying again, I just managed to pull the arm from the soggy box and place it on the metal ledge. Grabbing the bottle of water, I rinsed the arm clean. I sat there staring at the ring as tears started flooding out of my eyes and I couldn’t stop them as much as I tried to. I still couldn’t be sure who did this. I couldn’t accuse Matthew without any proof but there was still a huge part of me that told me it was him.

 I'm not sure if my brain suddenly evaporated or just decided to be of help but I did the one thing I thought was right. Kind of. The arm had to be covered at any cost so I wrapped the wrinkly thing in leaves and put it back in the soggy box. Blood covered the whole damn box! Couldn't the person that did this have enough courtesy to wrap it in plastic or something? Getting more green leaves, I covered the box fully.

I ran back inside where I found Dad. Oh my god, the most amazing sensation rushed through my tense arms and legs as I saw him whole. He flashed me a confused look as he saw me holding a box with blood where the leaves were covering it. The people working behind the counters barely recognised me so I slid passed Dad and said, “We need to leave. Now!" With that I fled off, not giving a care in the world for what people were saying behind me.

"Caitlyn! CAITLYN!" Dad shouted behind me as he followed me back to the Beach without paying for his meal. Before I knew it, a strong arm gripped my wrist and I didn't dare look back to see who it was. Suddenly, the grip tensed deep into me and I felt a nauseous pull towards this man. The box was fully exposed and barely even closed when I turned to see Dad. At first he just looked at the arm in complete shock then he lowered his gaze to look at the ring, his mouth dropped down as tears started pouring out of his eyes. This was the first time I ever saw my Dad crying and just looking at him bought the tears back into my eyes. He was trying so hard to speak but his lips were trembling so hard they prevented him from speaking.

I went over to Dad to calm him down. I looked into his eyes and they were pure red because of the crying. His eyes suddenly started to widen and his lips were moving, he was trying to force something out but nothing, he was struggling so hard to say something but I didn’t know what it was. He wasn’t looking at he but he was looking right past me, I turned around to see what it was he was looking at.

Mum. It was Mum. She was running towards us in unbearable pain, I looked at her right shoulder, blood was dripping on her shirt where her arm had been cut off. Sweat was pouring on her forehead and it was dripping down her face. Dad ran towards Mum and Uncle Callum followed.

"Call an Ambulance quick" Dad shouted, those were the first words he said since his state of shock. Uncle Callum walked to the side and started calling the Ambulance. Tyra,Alex,Macie and Chase were probably still in the water unaware of what was happening, and Aunt Sarah, she would be devastated! What would happen? Who did this? Is Mum still alive? That was the worst question I had and I didn’t want to think about it at all. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of sirens. It all happened so quickly, the Ambulance came and picked Mum up in a stretcher and took her away in the Ambulance, Dad went with them. Uncle Callum and I ran to Dad's car and drove to the hospital.

 ****************************

I took a seat next to Dad outside Mums hospital room. Dad had his face frozen to the floor and was pinching the top of his nose.

 "I’m so sorry Dad, this was all my fault."

"Honey, don’t stress yourself out, who knows, It could of been anyone’s fault."

"No Dad, it is my fault, look." I took out my phone and showed him the text message. "I received this message yesterday after you told me about Macie."

The hospital door swung open and Macie, Alex, Tyra, Chase and Aunt Sarah ran in. Tyra came and sat on the empty seat to my right.

"Cait, are you okay? Dad called us and told us what happened so we took a cab here." I just replied with a simple nod. I looked at Dad and he was still staring at the text message.

"You may come in now." A young Nurse walked out and opened the door. We all ran inside. Mum was laying on a bed, there was a doctor dabbing a cloth on her shoulder to stop the blood from rushing. The doctor was wearing the normal blue doctor uniform; he had a blue mask covering his nose and mouth to stop diseases from spreading.

 I looked into Mums eyes; there was so much pain and distress visible in them. Dad ran to Mum and squeezed her hand as the tears started pouring again. He looked up at the doctor.

"What’s going to happen to her?"

The doctor removed his mask and looked at Dad.

"We are going to replace it with a fake metal arm." The doctor smiled at Dad revealing a perfectly white set of teeth.

It was Matthew.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Author Notes: Hope you liked it! Please vote, comment and fan! Will be uploading my next chapter after 30 or more votes!