Chapter Fifty-Nine

This chapter has 1222 words in it. It's written in Isaac's point of view, because I'm experimenting with it to see how you guys like it.

There are a lot of misconceptions about the second book. I've been getting a lot of messages asking me if Sebastian will just be gone in the second book. This couldn't be more untrue. Sebastian is a main character, and just because the second book will be from Isaac's POV, it in no way means that it's the end of the Sebastian and Elizabeth ship. (Wink, nudge)

There have also been messages asking about Roy and Elmer. Both of these characters will be a vital part of the second book as well. 

Thank you soooo much for getting Sebastian this far. I started this book as a way to de-stress, and to know that so many of you like it, it just makes my entire year :') I love you!

********

I let Elizabeth walk away from Sebastian, and I tried to reassure her as she fell deeper and deeper into her mind. I didn't let her walk away because I was spiteful or evil or because I had some vendetta against her or him. I let it happen because it was dangerous to keep her in there.

When we walked into the room with him, I smelled it immediately. Sebastian's scent, mingled with something that smelled strongly of chemicals. It made my nose burn, and as Elizabeth sat down in front of him, I looked around the room. If I looked hard enough, I could see a small hole in the corner of the ceiling. It had a thin, clear tube hanging from it, so small Elizabeth wouldn't notice it. I followed it down the wall, where it disappeared under the bed. I joined Elizabeth on the floor and watched Sebastian closely.

His eyes were disconcertingly dead. He watched Elizabeth with zero interest. I shifted slightly to get a better view of the bed behind him. When I didn't see anything strange, I looked him in the eye and decided to goad him a little, to see if he'd react.

"Enjoy your walk?" I asked. "Have a good time?"

Sebastian looked at me, and we stared at each other.

"Talk to me," He growled. "When you grow up."

The usual anger boiled in my chest at his easy defiance.

"I wonder if any of those kids you murdered when you blew up several schools wanted to grow up." I said, unintentional venom in my voice. Elizabeth's eyes snapped to mine, before they went back to Sebastian, back and forth. I forgot she didn't know about that part. I cursed myself mentally for bringing it up.

I didn't miss the robotic tone of his voice, the complete deadness of it. He didn't respond, and after a second, Elizabeth stood up.

"We didn't come to annoy you," She said, angry. Sebastian watched her emotionlessly.

"So go."

Hurt flashed in Elizabeth's eyes, but she regained her composure quickly. She strode out of the room, and I scrambled to my feet and followed her. I looked back at him before I left, and I paused. I noticed a gleam of something under the bed, and when I looked closer, I saw that there were several tubes and wires piercing his skin. They were all under the bed, something nobody would notice if they didn't think to look. The tubes were all full of different liquids with different consistencies, and they all were being pumped right into Sebastian's body. I wanted to yank them out, but I knew I couldn't. So instead, I walked away and met Elizabeth and Derrick in the hall.

Derrick met my gaze and smiled, but his eyes gleamed with something that made me uneasy. He knew that I saw the things hooked to Sebastian.

"I'll escort you both back to your rooms," He said smoothly, not breaking eye contact. I stared right back, unflinching. He turned and looked at Elizabeth, who hadn't noticed the silent battle of testosterone that'd taken place in front of her. Derrick gestured for her to lead the way, and when I went to walk beside her, he placed a hand on my arm.

"Elizabeth?" He asked. She turned and looked at him, and he gave her a grin that I recognized as fake. Elizabeth, not realizing, gave him a small smile in return that made my heart beat a little faster.

"I just remembered, I have to speak with Isaac in private. If you'd like, I can call a guard to show you the way to your suite."

She shook her head and glanced at me, a silent "tell me later" gesture, and left. Derrick closed the door behind her and looked at me. The huge throne room was silent as we stood there, and he slowly walked towards me.

"What you think you saw," He began. "Is not what you believe it is."

I refused to be intimidated as he came and stood right in front of me, trying to make me nervous. I looked him in the eye; we were the same height, which confused me. Werewolves were much taller than everyone else, because being large was necessary in order to be able to shift back and forth so easily. 

"I didn't just see ten tubes shoved into Sebastian's back? Pumping things into his body?"

Derrick's eyes hardened. He was learning what type of person I was, and I could see he didn't like it. 

"Isaac, I'm going to need you to keep quiet about this." He said slowly.

"No."

He blinked, shocked at my response. 

"No?" He asked dubiously.

"He brought your mother back alive. This thing you're doing with him? I'm positive that that's crossing a line somewhere. You're not abiding by your word."

"You don't even know what the tubes are doi-"

"I know for a fact that whatever is in those tubes are what's making him so robotic. I'm not stupid."

He openly glared at me, his eyes blazing. He tried again.

"Isaac." He said, trying to make his voice softer. "I could've arrested you and Elizabeth on the spot, as soon as my men found you. I could've sentenced both of you to death. But I didn't. I invited you to dinner and I put you in two of the most lavish rooms in my palace. All I'm asking for return is that you let me do what I believe I need to do. Sebastian will be released alive. I will follow through on my promise."

"There's a difference between being alive and being coherent." I spat, dropping the calm that was in my voice earlier. Derrick smiled at me, like a parent smiling at an unruly child. 

"I never said I'd give him back coherent."

Before I realized what was happening, my fist connected with his jaw. It gave a satisfying crunch and knocked his stupid-looking crown right off of his head. Derrick staggered back, his hand flying to his face. To his credit, he managed to stay calm and didn't cry out, even though I was certain I'd broken his jaw.

He straightened slowly, giving me a dangerous stare. 

"I can have you thrown in jail for that." He said lowly, his words coming out distorted because of his broken jaw. 

"So throw me in jail." I challenged, knowing he wouldn't. Not if he wanted Elizabeth and I on his side. I watched his face carefully; he obviously wasn't human, but he wasn't a vampire or a werewolf, either. 

His face started to fix itself like I assumed it would, and I watched as his bones knitted themselves back together. He saw me watching and his glare intensified. 

"You've learned a lot of things today," He murmured.

After his face was done healing, he turned towards the door.

"I assume you know where your room is. Go to it."

"Get whatever you shoved into Sebastian out." I said, not moving. Derrick turned again, towards me. 

"No." He said simply.

"I phrased that wrong." I said with a smile. "Get whatever you've shoved into Sebastian's body out, or I will."

Derrick watched me, sizing me up. I didn't back down.

"I'll do no such thing, and you won't either." He said, his voice sure. An idea popped into my head, and I shrugged.

"Okay," I said easily. I brushed past him, making sure to accidentally shove his shoulder with mine, and headed towards my room.