Chapter Twenty-Four

This short chapter only has 780 words, and probably has a significant amount of spelling errors. I will re-read it ASAP, but the soonest I'd be able to is tomorrow after school. Sam, I think I saw you voting on a bunch of chapters, but I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S YOU BECAUSE THE PROFILE PICTURES ON HERE ARE SO SMALL. But HIIII :'D Also, SEBASTIAN CLIMBED UP TO #33 IN VAMPIRE! It's #36 now, and I am SOOO lucky! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING! I LOVE YOUU :)

********

Sebastian was long gone, but Roy didn't relax. His hands gripped the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white. Kaden was confused, looking between Roy's hands and his face. I was staring at Roy, too, baffled. He was acting so strangely, so unlike himself. The engine was a purr in my ear, and despite the bumpiness of the road and the ever-present crick in my neck, I was exhausted. I felt myself nodding off, but I wouldn't let myself sleep. I stared out the window, with a small piece of skin on my arm between my finger and thumb. I pinched it whenever I felt myself falling.

Eventually, Roy got tired of it.

"Just go to sleep," He barked. I jumped, and he sighed loudly, running a hand through his hair.

"Elizabeth, you're obviously about to pass out. I can pull over, move some things around so you can lay across the backseat." He said, his voice softer. I looked over beside me, thinking. There were boxes and boxes containing food and water. I yawned, and my mouth opened so far it actually hurt a little. Roy brought the car to a halt, and was out of it in a flash. He strode over to Kaden's side, where my tired brother was asleep with his head against the window. He pulled the door open, causing Kaden to fall right out, and Roy grinned at me as my sibling spat curses at him. I opened my door and got out, stretching my legs.

After some shuffling around, I had a relatively cozy space in the backseat. I fell asleep instantly.

~~~~

When I woke up, I wasn't in the car. And there was no crick in my neck. I looked up, blinking the sleep away from my eyes, and found that I was on a bed. The room around me was surrounded by wooden walls, and there was a small plate of food on a table beside me. Sunlight streamed in through the small window, and I got out of bed, my knees wobbly. I walked around, trailing my fingers over a large dresser, a vanity, a chair, all coated in a film of dust. I wiped my hands on my shirt and opened the door.

I walked smack into a hard chest. I looked up, and a set of unfamiliar blue eyes looked back down at me. I took a quick step back.

"Sorry," I muttered. He stepped back, too, chuckling.

"Don't worry about it," His deep voice rumbled. He had on a black t-shirt that contrasted with his sandy blond hair, and blue jeans that matched his eyes. I noticed a light sprinkling of freckles across his nose and cheeks. 

Another man came up behind him, his skin a warm cinnamon color. His brown eyes met mine, and he smiled. He was wearing a similar outfit, but with a green shirt instead of a black one. They were both very good-looking, but not good-looking enough to calm my nerves at the fact that two strange men were in a house with me.

"I'm Gordon," the blond said, sticking his hand towards mine. I looked at it and took it; my hand was completely engulfed by his. "This is Trey." He introduced, gesturing towards his friend.

"Where is Roy and Kaden?" I asked, my voice small. In truth, these guys were huge. Their size made me nervous.

"Roy is down the hall," Trey said. "And your brother is probably still asleep. Come on, we'll go see Roy." He suggested, giving my back a nudge. I followed Gordon, and we entered a large,spacious living room. There were two large couches, a glass coffee table, and two big chairs that looked more comfortable than the bed I woke up on.

Roy was sitting beside the coffee table with a pencil in his mouth and a notebook in front of him. He had a highlighter in his hand, dragging it across a piece of paper several times, before switching it with the pencil and scribbling things down. There were other strangers in the room, some boys and some girls; all of the guys were as huge as Gordon and Trey, while the girls were significantly smaller, but still taller than I could ever hope to be. A few of the people looked over at me, curious, but most of them didn't notice.

I made my way over to Roy. He looked up at me, the highlighter in his mouth, and my heart stuttered for a short second. He took the highlighter out of his mouth and placed it on the table, standing to greet me.

"Who are these people?" I asked him. He looked around and grinned.

"These are some of the friends I was telling you about."