Chapter 12: Nashi's Birthday! Her Father Doesn't Love Her?

At The Guild

Nashi's POV

It's just another regular day at the guild. I'm just sitting here drinking my strawberry smoothie alone. All of a sudden someone fell on my back causing me to choke. Well technically if your at the guild, your never alone.

"Ouch!" I said standing up. "Sorry Nashi." Said Storm standing back up. "Lemme guess, fighting with my brother again." I said rubbing my head. "Yup." He said dodging my brother's attacks. "Hey Nashi, watch out!" Said Storm tackling me again.

"What's with you tackling me today?" I asked. "Sorry but you were about to get hit with a table." He said. "I think the table would've hurt less." I said sitting back into my chair.

"Hey, why you so bummed?" Asked Storm sitting beside me. "You know what today is." I said ordering another smoothie.  "Okay well, it's your birthday! So instead of feeling bummed, let's go do something." Said Storm. I clutched my locket. It was the only thing I had left from mom anyway. I shook my head and grabbed my smoothie from the counter. "Yeah and its also my moms death date. She died giving birth to me." I said closing my eyes to prevent tears from falling.

"Okay well your the only one worrying about it." Said Storm. "Actually I'm not. Dads visiting her grave, Luke is on a mission to get his mind off mom, and Igneel is fighting you to get his mind off mom." I said taking a sip of my smoothie.

Storm was about to speak when my older brother Luke came in the guild with his team. "Good job on today's mission!" Said Luke going to the board. "Luke, don't you think you should be hanging with your sister?" I asked Mackenzie loud enough where I can here. It wouldn't matter anyway since I have super hearing.

Luke looked at me and shook my head. "She'll be fine. She likes spending this day...alone." He said still looking for a mission. At that Storm got mad but instead of yelling or lashing out he went up to him and whispered something in his ear, using his magic to make sure I didn't hear him. I saw Luke nod and go away from the request board.

"What did you tell him?" I asked as he came back and sat beside me. "Nothing, just leave and come back to the guild at 5 okay?" Tells Storm. "Okay, sure?" I said more of a question. "Okay see you at 5!" Said Storm pushing me out the door.

"What to do now?" I mumbled to myself. "Hey little sis." Said someone coming from behind me. "Oh hey Luke." I said. "Where you going?" He asked. "Home, since Storm practically told me to get out the guild." I said.

"Well how about you spend the whole day with me!" He said smiling. I shook my head. "No thanks." I said and began walking home. "Come on! It'll be like when we were younger! Big Brother and sister time." He said. "I said no thanks so-" "Well I'm not taking no for a answer so let's go!" He said grabbing my arm and pulling me. "If you knew you weren't taking no then why'd we have that whole conversation!" I said as he pulled me away.

***************

"What exactly do girl teenagers do?" Asked Luke. "Shouldn't you know this? You do have a girlfriend. What do you guys do?" I ask Luke. "Well we usually go to the movies or, you know." Said Luke causally like I'm not his little sister. "Ew Luke, TMI!" I said. He just laughed.

"Hey can I ask you something?" I asked as a distant thought came to my head. "Yeah what is it?" Asked Luke, his hands in his pocket. Should I tell him? "N-never mind." I said shaking my head. "C'mon Nash, tell me!" He said looking me in the eyes. "O-okay, here it goes." I said.

"Does dad love me?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Asked Luke. "What I mean is does he love me like he loves you?" I ask him. Luke didn't speak causing me to continue. "I mean I've never ever spent a birthday with him, he's never around when I'm here, he always avoids me, and he never even taught me my own magic! I had to learn my magic from you and Igneel!" I said on the verge of tears.

"Nashi, you know how it is-" "No I don't!" I said cutting him off. "Everyone tells me that! You, Igneel, Aunty Ezra, Grey, Aunty Levy, everyone!" I said continuing.

Luke didn't say anything. "Nashi you know mom died, and you know you look just like her!" Said Luke. "That's what everyone says too." I said. "Look Nashi, if you stop crying I'll get dad to come to the guild at 5 with us." Said Luke making me look up. "For real?" I asked. Luke nodded. "O-okay sure." I said unsure if I should even get happy.

•••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey, what is happening at the guild at five?" I ask Luke. I mean everybody practically kicked me out. "Well your about to find out." Said Luke. "What do you mean?" "It's 4:53, we gotta be there by 5." Said Luke. "But we're like half way across town." I said. "Well dear sister you better hold on." Said Luke putting me on his back.

He then used his magic to run faster. Like rockets. As soon as we got to the guild it was exactly five o' clock. "You didn't have to carry me. I can do the same thing." I said brushing my hair with my hands. "Nah, it was fine. Your heavy anyway so it was a good workout." Said Luke. "Rude!" I said punching his shoulder. "You know you shouldn't call ladies fat right?" I asked him. Luke rolled his eyes "Your not a lady." He said. "Your not my favorite brother anymore." I said.

"Anyway, are you ready?" Luke asked ignoring me. I nodded rolling my eyes. We both then walked in and saw that all the lights were off. Then everyone jumped and yelled "Surprise!" As the lights turned back on.

I smiled. This is like the first time I ever had a birthday party. "Guys! Thank you so much!" I said giving the first hug to Storm. "So that's what you didn't want to tell me." I said smiling.

I looked around the room trying to see if dad was here. My smile faded, seeing he wasn't here. "What's wrong Nash?" Asked Igneel. "N-nothing." I said shaking my head as I closed my eyes so no one would see me cry. "That bastard." Said Luke with clenched fist. "No, in really fine. I'm used to it." I mumbled but they heard it thanks to their super hearing.

"C'mon Nash open up your presents!" Said Storm. I smiled. Even if dad isn't here, I still have family. The guild is my family. "Okay!" I said putting on a real smile on my birthday for once.

So how was the chapter?Good?Bad?Horrible?Lemme know in the comments!So do you guys think Natsu's a good father?Lemme know in the comments!!Anyway another chapter maybe tomorrow or something

Good?
Bad?
Horrible?
Lemme know in the comments!
So do you guys think Natsu's a good father?
Lemme know in the comments!!
Anyway another chapter maybe tomorrow or something. I don't know.
But anyway
Thanks for reading!
Make sure you
Like
Share
And Comment!