Demons Squared, Ducks and Demons (21) (Part 1)

Allana's POV

I woke with a gasp. I was trapped under an.... Arm?? I squinted and looked for the culprit of awakening me. I was met with bright blue eyes filled with amusement. I heard a deep chuckle and then suddenly I realized where I was and what I'd been doing for the past few hours...... (AN No dirty comment about this sentence William!)

I jolted up and scooted as far as possible from him as possible. I looked out the window, trying to escape the awkwardness of the situation. The palm trees and bright blue sky whizzed by. I breathed happily, forgetting everything. Sunlight streamed through the cracks between leaves on trees creating intricate speckled patterns on the ceiling of the bus; when there were no trees and entire rats of sunlight sparkled I looked through my lashes admiring the faint sparkle and glow that framed my long lashes. I smiled, loving the nature of it. However that smile fell off my face and turned to a grimace when I heard laughing from behind me.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You're so infatuated by the sunlight, it's cute. Not as cute as this though!" He laughed grabbing his phone and clicking on Instagram.

"I am most certainly not cute!" I told him, Nobody called me cute! He wasn't phased when I hit his arm gently. "What are you gonna do on there anyways? Show me a picture of a kitten?" I gestured to his phone in which he was scrolling through.... His own feed?

Crinkling my forehead I voiced my perplexity, "What are you looking for?" I leaned over, closer to his arm, completely confused. I jumped when, after a moment of silent scrolling, he exclaimed, "This!" He tilted his phone screen and as my brain registered what was on the screen, I blushed harder than ever before.

On his Instagram was a picture of me leaning against him, sleeping. His arm was draped securely around me, you can see a little bit of his face, tilted down looking at me, he's smirking. I look completely vulnerable and kinda honestly adorable as I sleep. The sun is streaming through the window as it rises and creates a slight glow around us both.

I blush and scoff a little at the caption,

Sleeping Beauty. #Sleeeeeeepy #MyPhotographyTho

"You posted this? Like on your Instagram?" I asked a little alarmed, I mean it was a cute picture but how many people would see that picture!!!???

"Yup! Now all the world can see how adorable you are!" He laughed at my alarm.

"Whyyyyyyyyy though!" I asked him in a panic. What if people thought I was a slut or something, what if they thought badly of me? What if I get judged because of it? I was drawn out of my thoughts by a deep voice.

"Hey chill out, it's just a picture. Plus you look fine in it so who cares, you know you shouldn't let other people's opinions rule your life. It's your life, live it how you want to! Don't give a f**k what anyone else thinks." His eyes burned with emotion. Frustration and anger. But there was another emotion, one I couldn't quite place, and I, for one, am very good at reading people. I turned my attention out the window, watching the trees flash by, the ocean glittering, the sun shining, keeping everything alive. It was the lifeline of nature, everything has a lifeline, people, animals, plants, we all have one, I wonder what mine is, who mine is.... After an hour or so we finally pulled into a campground.

It was across from a stretch of beach but the main camp area was surrounded by Floridian forest trees. There was one huge building in the middle surrounded by 12 or so smaller cabins. Each one was a different color, red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, navy, purple, burgundy, pink, white and black.