Gosh Darn Heck (Chapter 5)

Dave P.O.V
*next day*

I woke up with a terrible hangover, fun. But I guess I still have to school because Rose said I 'need an education' and that 'it's completely your fault you idiot'. So here I am, tired, nearly albino, and slowly falling asleep. That is, until John sat by me.

"Hey Dave!" I wince, because that was loud as fuck.

"Jesus fuck, John. Do you have to be so loud?" As I lie my head on his lap, dozing off and smile as he pets my head. 'Damn' I thought 'John has some nice, squishy thighs' I shake my head, because now is not the time for gay thoughts. John leaned down and patted my face.

"Hey sleepy head. We're at school." He whispers in my ear.

"Hnng. Noooo." I whisper as I snuggle in his stomach.

"Hey!" He giggles, lifting up my head and standing up. I stand up too and walk (stumble) off the bus and into the school to the group of assholes that I love and I call my friends.

John's there before me and I lay my chin on top of his head.

"Are you making fun of my height?" He asks, turning and raising an eyebrow while everyone was laughing about some meme.

"No, 'm jus' tired." He rolls his eyes and talks to people until the bell rings.

*Time skip to their chem class*

"Dave!" John greets as he sits by me and throws a Jolly Rancher at my head.

"Ow! You douche." I rub my head and pic up the sweet and look at it.

"Watermelon, my favorite." I smile as I pop it in my mouth.

"I found it on the ground." I shrug and continue droning out the teacher, looking at John. I kind of want to brush the hair out of his face as he repeatedly keeps erasing and re-writing the same sentence, despite it being perfect the first time.

"John? Are you okay?" I say and he looks at me.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. It's just..... some stuff, I guess. I'd rather not get into it at the time." He smiles and writes his notes precisely before sighing and moving to the next line.

I smile back and give a small 'okay' still watching him.

I never really thought that someone could be so pretty. But I don't like him or anything, you're just bro's, no homosexual attraction anywhere. He's probably not even a tiny bit gay, there's no reason on really trying. Which I won't, because I do not like him, I don't like his always messy hair, or the way he seems to always be confident and happy, and I definitely don't like his squishy thighs and the way he giggles when I nuzzled my face in his kinda pudgy little tummy while he pets my head. Nope, not at all.

He must have noticed me staring because he's waving a hand in my face.

"D-dave?" I snap out of it and look at him.

"Yeah?" I ask, with heat rising in my face.

"Oh, you were just kind of staring at me, I didn't know if something was up."

"Oh, that. Well, everything is okay in Davetown if I do say. I'm fine, perfect, like when-"

"Dave as much as I'd love to hear your metaphors, I don't care." Oh, if I wasn't blushing before, I definitely am now. I nod again and lay my head on the table until class is over.

*Lunch​ time*

John P.O.V

I walk over to the lunch table we always sit and plop my plush ass down on the bench, laying my head on the table while groaning. Dave walks by and sits down next to Rose with a slight 'hey' and pulls out a bottle of apple juice.

Jake walked over and sat next to me which is kinda strange, considering he's usually with the jocks and cheerleaders. I lift my head and gave him a questionable look.

"'Ello chaps." He says while smiling fondly in Dirk's direction. Rose looks over and gives him a polite smile.

"Hello, Jacob. Nice to see you."

"And you as well, madame." I look over at him.

"Well, well, well. When did the jocks wanna sit with the nerds? Is this one of Karkat's shitty rom coms?" And then there's a pain in my shoulder because I didn't realize Karkat was next to me and he punched me.

"Ow you dick" Jake looks over and begins to explain.

"Well, it seems a certain.... announcement that I've made has decreased my level on the popularity scale, so I thought it would be just dandy to come and visit the dweebs." Everyone makes an 'ah' sound and doesn't go further into it while I just lay my head back down and attempt to take deep breaths even though there's tight fabric constricting my chest. At least I don't have to deal with periods anymore, thank gog. I don't think I'd be able to live if that still happened. Have I mentioned that I love my dad? He is so great, a blessing from what ever higher power their is that he is alive and he is such a supportive and incredible man. Now that I got that out of the way, back to what's going on.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turn around and see Dave and he gives a small smile.

"Can I uh, can I talk you you?" I nod and stand up and then Jade speaks up.

"Round two, already?" I flip her off with a 'fuck you' and walked into the bathroom (again) with Dave.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem off, like I apparently did yesterday, I sound like you." I start playing with the hem of my shirt, because obviously it's a lot more interesting than the eye contact you can't get because of Dave's shades. Dave grab my head and turns my head to face him.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I nod, what else am I supposed to do?

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry, just one of those days. I guess." I smile and take a step back, doing that high five/ half hug thing that guys do when they part ways.

"If anything is going on, you tell me. Okay bro?" I nod and we start walking out, sitting back down in our respective seats. And continued eating and doing whatever you are doing.

After school everyone piles on the bus and goes home, doing whatever shit they do.

A//N oof, this is bad. Enjoy