Chapter one

A small teen sat at the back of the classroom, huddled small as she listened to the teacher speak about History, one of the few things she enjoyed. The rest of the class was not paying attention, goofing off and not even knowing that the Zorua was not there, her black hoodie covering her face, casting it in shadow. When the school bell rang to release them for the day, the Zorua let everyone pass her, saying silent good-bye's to each of her classmates, knowing each one by name; no one told her good-bye. "Zoey, can I speak to you for a minute?" the teacher, a Lucario named Mrs. Aura, requested. Zoey, the Zorua, shuffled to her feet, holding the straps to her backpack tightly as her teacher walked to her. "What is wrong?" Mrs. Aura asked, kneeling down to her height to look in Zoey's eyes; the pair just looked down at the ground, silent and unanswering. "Zoey, are you okay? Please, just answer me," Mrs. Aura said, her voice concerned. "I'm fine," Zoey replied softly, closing her eyes, just wanting to go away, to vanish.

Mrs. Aura knew that she was lying, but could also see that anymore questions would make her student breakdown. "Okay, Zoey," Mrs. Aura replied, letting Zoey go, which she did slowly. Zoey kept to the edge of the hallway, not wanting to be seen by anyone, passing by her fellow schoolmates like a shadow. She knew a lot of them as she walked by them, but they did not know her.

Funny how being depressed makes you know others better than yourself.

Somone bumped into her, but kept walking without apologizing; Zoey just looked down as she kept walking, knowing that the Pokemon did not see her, like usual. Zoey left the school, the winter sun shining dully on her, the cold winds her only comfort as she walked home, staying silent all the while, her eyes on the concrete before her. The clouds moved to cover the sun as a cold breeze blew, one that would have made most Pokemon shiver, but Zoey embraced it, looking up to feel the kiss of the wind, to actually feel the sting.

Soon enough, pain makes you forget the feeling of common things.

Zoey soon reached her house, stopping to slowly unlock the door before pushing it open. She drifted in, closing the door behind her before going to her room; she could smell someone cooking, but she ignored it, unable to eat. Zoey opened her room door and put her backpack down, getting on her bed before curling up, her eyes blank and, unknowingly to herself, was crying. She closed her eyes and breathed calmly, her tail covering her face as she drifted to sleep, her only refuge from the pain.

This book will have short chapters, FYI.