The Metaphysical Properties of Herbs

I have always been drawn to plants and herbs, even before I discovered Wicca. Herbs are my number one go-to when it comes to the Craft. This is a list of the metaphysical properties of herbs and plants that I have found. 

Acacia- Protection, Psychic Powers, Money and Love Spells

Aconite- Also known as Wolfsbane, it can be used to make a wash for ritual tools & space. *Poisonous, do not ingest.*

Acorn- Can be used in charms or spells for good luck, protection, wisdom, and personal power. Sacred to Druids and can be used at the tip of wands.

Adam & Eve Roots-Love, Happiness

Adder's Tongue-This herb can be used in spells and charms to stop gossip and slander or to promote healing. It has also been referred to as Serpent’s Tongue and is often considered sacred to those gods associated with snakes. Healing.

 African Violet- Spirituality, Protection

Agaric- Fertility

Agrimony- It is used in protection spells. It can also be used to reverse spells sent against you. It can also be used in “sleep” sachets that you place under your pillow to allow you a restful sleep.

Alder- Used for protection spells and divination. Associated with music and weather magic and sacred to Druids. A whistle made from the branch of an Alder tree is associated with the old superstition of whistling up the wind.

Ague Root- Protection

Alfalfa- Used in spells involving prosperity, money and to ward off hunger.

Alkanet- Purification, Prosperity

Allspice- This herb promotes determination and energy. It is also used in spells and charms that involve money, luck and healing. Can be used to create a healing herbal bath.

Almond- Associated with wisdom, money, fruitfulness, and prosperity. It can be used in spells and charms or burned as incense to attract abundance. Be careful to specify what type of abundance you are seeking.

Aloe- Used for protection and luck. It can be hung in the home as a charm to attract luck and protection for those who live there. It can also be grown in pots and placed around the home to provide protection from accidents within the home.

Althea- Protection, Psychic Powers

Alyssum- Protection, Moderating Anger

Amaranth- Healing Heartbreak, Protection, Invisibility

Amber- Used for protection from harm and success. Helps to clear the mind and bring prosperity. Burn as an incense to transform the ambient negative energy to positive energy.

Anemone- Protection and healing.

Angelica Root- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Use in protection and exorcism incense, and also carry the root in a pouch as a protective talisman. Add to bath to remove hexes. Removes curses, hexes, or spells that have been cast against you. Smoking the leaves can cause visions. Angelica protects by both creating a barrier against negative energy, and by filling it's user with positive energy. Enhances the aura, giving a joyful outlook. Relieves tension headache, diuretic, beneficial to the stomach and digestion. Relieves buildup of phlegm due to asthma and bronchitis. Is an excellent herb to use for protection against negative energy. It can also be used in healing. It can be used in purification and uncrossing spells. It can be used in herbal baths for the purpose of removing curses, hexes, or spells. Sprinkle around the outside of your home for protection of the home. *Use with caution- Large doses can negatively affect blood pressure, heart, and respiration. If pregnant, can cause miscarriage.*