A big mistake on my part.

Persephone had taught me the names of the flowers, walked me through the field, far from where her mother had been waiting. And it was when we were far enough away that she kissed me. I had been startled and tried to move away from her, but she insisted this was what she wanted. And because I had been stupid and believed in love at first sight, I agreed that it was also what I wanted. I laid her down on the flowers and made love to her. Her kisses were gentle and timid. Virgin kisses. Her hands had been small and soft, sliding up and down my back, caressing my skin. Her lips as soft as the flowers she loved, hair silky and soft like the grass.

She was beautiful.

And she had murmured she loved me. And I had stupidly corrected her.

"I love you, Marcus."

"Hades." I muttered. Persephone's eyes had flashed open and she stared at me.

"Excuse me?" She asked. I stared back at her, then swallowed.

"My name... My name is Hades." I said stupidly. Persephone clenched her teeth and shoved at my chest, climbing out from beneath me. She yanked her dress up off the ground and scrambled to put it on. At the time, her reaction had confused me. She was hurriedly putting her clothes off and making her way across the field, so I had quickly dressed and ran after her. I grabbed her elbow and she slapped me so hard, my head snapped to the side.

"You lied to me," She spat, raking me with a sneer, "How could you do that to me! I was a virgin!"

"I wasn't thinking correctly," I had told her, perplexed, "I was distracted--"

"By my awe-inspiring beauty," She snapped impatiently, wrenching her arm away from me, "Yes. I've heard that garbage before. You shouldn't even be here! You're not allowed in the mortal realm! Mother!" She turned to call for her mother. Icy cold horror gripped me and I'd grabbed her roughly from behind. She screamed and I clasped my hand over her mouth.

"Shut up!" I snarled. She writhed and sank her fingernails into my skin, making me curse. She wrenched away from me and started to run across the field.

"Mother! Mother!" She screamed. I ran after her, slammed into her so we went sprawling to the ground. She continued shrieking as I struggled to cover her mouth. We rolled through the grass and flowers, away from the field and rolling down a small hill until we splashed into a stream. Her dress was torn, face dirty and stained, eyes glittering with angry tears as she struggled to rip my skin open. She'd already cut my cheek with those dagger-like nails of hers, and punched me in the throat. She was unlike any other woman of her time. By nature, the ancient Greek women were submissive to men. They could be fierce and they could be demanding and protest, but in the end, they did as men told them to because that was the way things were. Her attack against me had caught me off guard, so I kept fighting back to her, almost momentarily forgetting she was a young girl and not a boy.

"Apollo! Hermes! Mother! Someone!" She screamed. Unable to take it any longer, I grabbed her up in my arms, teleporting us from that bright field and into the dark depths of the underworld where she screamed and destroyed half of my home to escape.

It was only after I had stupidly tricked her into eating that pomegrante, after the mess with Demeter and Zeus, that Persephone stopped protesting me and began to pursue me. Not sexually. Not romantically. She followed me everywhere. She kept asking me intrusive questions. She insisted I had done what I done for a reason deeper than simply wanting to capture her.

Now she was doing the same thing via technology. Had this all happened while she was here, I was positive she'd be running after me everywhere. Now, since she was with her mother, she was calling me non-stop. I had to destroy my laptop so she would buzz off. She just wanted to act like my therapist, like a concerned wife, a concerned friend. Any other time, I may have allowed her in just a bit, but not now.