// seventy nine //

scorp's breath came out in soft puffs as his pace quickened on his way to jamie and teddy's flat. the still cold air nipped at his fingers tips so he shoved his hands into the warmth of his coat pocket, regretful that he didn't bring gloves.

he knew he shouldn't have just walked out like that and left albus with no explanation. only an ambiguous instagram post to fill that area. he just wasn't thinking straight, no pun intended.

his mind had become a maze, with figuring himself out at the final destination. but he kept getting stuck at dead ends and constantly took wrong turns so everything became even more haywire (ayyyyyy lmao).

he used to think the path was straight; he used to think he was straight. scorpius was the Designated Straight Friend™ and had always been so. yet now, it was clear he wasn't. albus was a rather obvious indicator that he'd lost the title.

before he knew it, his feet reached the stairs up to the couples' flat. a deep breath and mustered up courage was what it took for scorpius to begin making his way upward and to their door. he quickly knocked three times on the door before putting his hand back in his coat pocket, it still being freezing, despite being inside.

a laugh sounded from behind the door and it began to open. scorp prayed that it was teddy who would open it and not jamie. don't get him wrong, jamie was lovely but the man could hold a grudge. scorp just knew jamie still hadn't fully forgiven him for what al went through. and scorp didn't blame him.

"hello- um, scorpius?" unluckily, it did turn out to be jamie. "no offence, but why are you here?"

always the blunt one.

"um, if it's, well... can i- no, may i. shit-" scorp stuttered as he spoke, the presence of jamie unnerving him. 

the older potter was stood almost defensively, like he wanted scorp to know that he still didn't fully trust him.

"darling, let poor scorpius in. it's bloody freezing out there." teddy appeared behind jamie, being a lot taller than the potter. he wrapped his arms around jamie's waist and brought his head around to give him a kiss on the cheek. jamie lost his defensive stance and started blushing. scorpius had never seen this romantic, lovesick side to jamie potter; he thought it suited him quite well, rather different to his usual cool and collected self. "and you're letting the cold in, wanker."

jamie gasped. "i am not a wanker!"

"um, yeah you are. i heard you last night when i got home." teddy winked and jamie's face flushed a dark shade of red.

"teddy!"

jamie's hands flew up to his cheeks to try to hide the further depending shade of red that decided to flare up on his face.

"you're right, jamie. we forgot about scorp. i am so sorry, come in." teddy pushed the door fully open and the couple moved out of the way.

scorpius had almost forgotten the reason why he'd come here, due to the lovers' dispute. his memory soon flooded back as he stepped into their flat. the living room looked moderately the same compared to the last time he'd seen it. only now, the frames that contained group or family photos had lessened, and couple photos of jamie and teddy had filled their place. ones of them in brighton after all the others had left. ones of them at meals out together.

"how come you're here?" teddy asked, interrupting scorpius looking around, not trying to sound rude, just curious. he was walking after jamie into the kitchen.

"um, i kinda just wanna talk? i guess. with you." scorpius replied, as teddy followed jamie. scorp decided that he'd probably have to join them.