Chapter 49 : Suna

Start from the beginning

"My host is stronger than you think."

"She's not even a human, she's not like them. You don't need to believe me, but I'm sure it won't take long before it shatters."

Kurama didn't reply, but he finally turned to the Hatake and said, "Just seal him. Completely, if you must. He might cause another problem in the future."

"... I don't want to do that. He still deserves some freedom."

Gaara pulled her hand, and she had to crouch down to his level as he whispered something in her ear.

"... Are you sure, Gaara-kun?"

The redhead nodded.

"Alright, I'll do just that."

*/*\*/*\*

When Ara returned back to the inn, she found Kō sitting on the windowsill, cleaning his katana as he watched the sun rises.

"Welcome back. How did it go?"

"Not so smoothly, but it's over."

"... Your chakra level is pretty low. What happened?" Kō asked, sheathing his blade and walked towards the girl. Ara only sighed, seating herself on the couch and rubbed her temples.

"The last time I did this, Shukaku was already sealed. This time, he fought back, though I managed."

Kō glanced at her sleeping teammates, making sure that they were still asleep, "What about the time 7 years ago? The Kyūbi was attacking the village."

"He was under someone's control, but he let me seal him because he didn't want to cause more damage." Ara huffed, "I haven't seen Aiko-san. Where is she?"

"Still in the hospital. Your team is allowed to go around Suna, as long as you're already back here at noon."

Yūsha jumped down from her arms and curled himself up on the floor. Ara frowned at the look Kō gave her, but he hardened his glare.

"I know what you're thinking. No, you're not going to help out at the hospital. Aiko's orders; you will not do more work than necessary."

"But-..."

"Don't bother. You need rest, you've been awake taking care of a raging Bijū. You've been to this village before, you need sleep more than a trip with your team."

"... You won't let me leave, will you, Kazuo-san?"

Kō shook his head, and Ara let out another sigh, "Are you sure-..."

"No. Go to bed."

"Can't I-..."

"Sleep. Now."

Ara groaned, finally laying down on the couch and closed her eyes.

*/*\*/*\*

"What's wrong, Yuito? This place is awesome, you should enjoy it while we're here!"

"... You're joking." The blond glared at Ryota, "Look around you. Sands, everywhere. It's burning hot here, not a single tree in sight, and you call it awesome? You're insane."

"It's a good change of view. The village's so different from Konoha," Ryota commented, not affected by his teammate's anger. He had been in a fairly good mood since he woke up, especially after Kazuo told him that they could spend half the day looking around the place.

"And I fucking hate it." Yuito growled, "It's too damn hot! I've never despised the sun before! And how come that freak is allowed to sleep in? Kazuo literally forced us to go sight-seeing -when there's nothing to see, for fuck's sake- while she is allowed to continue her nap like that!"