Chapter 2 ~ The Interview

Start from the beginning

I let out a soft laugh. "Nah, I don't think I want my boyfriend to join me to this interview. You'd better head back to your room," I said trying to sound serious, which made Liam roll his eyes.

"Funny, aren't you, Harry?"

I flipped my hair nonchalantly. "I know right? My mom has always said my jokes are the best," I winked.

He just shook his head with a fond smile on his lips. "Yeah right... Either your mom is a liar or she was just trying to make you feel better because your jokes are the worst."

I pouted my lips, my bottom one sticking out. "You're mean, Liam. My mom has always been honest with me, so don't think you can come here and tell me otherwise," I said, crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly.

The brown-eyed boy chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I bet you didn't even have friends back then just because of your crappy jokes," he joked, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek.

My smile faltered at the mention of 'friends' in past tense, and I instantly thought of my ex-best friend and boyfriend Louis. I hated thinking about him because it only made me frustrated whenever I did so. He was in the past, and the past was the past. That was also why no one in my 'new' life knew about him, and I wanted it to stay that way.

"Yeah, whatever," I breathed, trying to make it seem like I was still joking and that Liam's words hadn't affected me, but judging by the worried look on the older boy's face, I knew I hadn't done a great job at it.

However, he didn't say anything, and I was thankful for that because the least I wanted was for him to start interrogating me about my past. So, in silence, we got into the lift and went down to the lobby in hopes of grabbing a quick breakfast before we had to go to the studio.

Unfortunately, we weren't that lucky though because when the doors of the lift opened, an impatient Paul was sitting on a chair nearby, tapping his foot against the wooden floor as he stared in the direction of us with an angry look on his face.

I swallowed thickly, glancing at my watch that was on my left wrist. I was ten minutes late.

"No breakfast for you, boys," he said, standing up to place a hand on my lower back to pull me forward.

Paul and another guard showed us the way of the hotel and practically tossed us into the SUV before driving off towards where the interview was taking place.

-

"Hello everybody, and please welcome our next guest, Harry Styles!"

I took this as my cue to go out on stage and walk over to the woman who had just introduced me; Mariah. The audience erupted with loud screams and shouts of my name, causing my face to break out into a wide smile. I absolutely loved my fans, more than anything else in my life.

"Hello, Harry. I'm Mariah," she smiled, extending a hand to me.

I took it, shaking her hand. "It's very nice to meet you. I'm glad to be here."

I sat down in the armchair that was meant for me to sit in while Mariah sat down in the other one in front of me. "So, let's head to the questions already, shall we?" she asked, picking up her cards from the small table beside her.

I nodded, smiling at the audience that was still screaming my name.

"Here's the first one... Okay, this girl named Emelie is wondering if the rumors about you canceling your shows until February are true?"

I inhaled a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm afraid they are. My singing instructor has told me that I am not allowed to sing for at least eight weeks," I explained, looking down at my lap, biting my bottom lip in concern because this was something that really bothered me.