Chapter 8: I HATE Mondays

A massive, gigantic thank you to AngeliqueMHunts for helping get through my writer's block and just making me laugh. x

Word Count: 1,544 

Previously on Journey for Justice:

"Right, well I'll tell Ally she has a friend for tomorrow. And if you or David and Lila ever need any police help, just come down to the station and find me. Bye Sophia!"

"Now we just have survive tomorrow." She said to Ace as she did the gate and cantered off down to the house.

Sophia awoke the next day at 6:00am to insistent shrill of her alarm; she groaned, her hand hitting everything but the malevolent alarm. With an annoyed growl she snapped opened her eyes and threw off her covers abruptly, "I was enjoying my sleep too." She complained aloud to Lilly, whom just wagged her tail in response as her owner finally turned the alarm off.

Sophia arose from her bed, drowsy and hungry. However, despite her discomforts, she hurried downstairs to the back door and pulled her boots over her pyjama pants, carefully slipping outside and making sure to keep Lilly in.

Sophia quickly took care of Ace, knowing she had to get to the bus stop on time. She caught the waft of bacon and eggs floating through the kitchen window, "God bless Lila!" Sophia exclaimed to Ace as her stomach growled at the promise of food. She gave her beloved horse one last quick kiss and pat, before heading straight back inside.

With two quick motions, her boots were off again and back in their rightful places by the door. Sophia's feet on auto-pilot lead her straight into the kitchen where her breakfast was waiting her on the solid, cherry-red table.

"Morning hun. And eat up Soph, David is going to drop you off at the bus-stop on his way to work, so you'd better hurry and get ready." Lila ordered with a loving smile as she watched the troubled girl scoff down her food.

Sophia got up from the table and deposited the empty plate in the sink, "I s'pose I could hurry." She smirks at Lila before she made her way upstairs to brush her teeth and change.

When she got into her room, she left the door open for her departure to the bathroom to change. Sophia yanked open her wardrobe door and thought about the uniforms for Monday, "Phew, A.G today! Which means jeans and sport polo..." She said to herself as she pulled the coat hanger with her faded light blue jeans that were actually clean and her nearly new ocean blue sport polo with white edgings and made her way to the bathroom where she locked the door and quickly set to brushing her teeth. After that she tugged off her pyjamas and pulled on her uniform for the day.

David's voice called threw the house, "Come on Soph! We're both going to be late!"

Sophia cussed under her breath that would have made Lila pretty made, "Yep! Just let me do my hair and get my bag." She used her fingers as a brush to throw her hair up into a tight high ponytail.

She unlocked the bathroom door and made her way to her own room with haste to collect her bag, 'Good thing I packed it all last night.' She thought to herself as she ran back down the stairs.

Lila smiled at Soph, David's got your lunch now go!" She gave Sophia a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Right, thanks." Sophia grabbed her boots and socks and headed out the door, the last words she heard from Lila were: "Have a great day!"

Sophia had just jumped into David's car when her lunch landed on her lap, "Thanks David." She smiled as she worked on getting her socks and shoes on.