Chapter 14

-1 Month Later-

It had been a month since Charlotte had died, I was finding it hard, but slowly, im getting better. Rick, Daryl and Beth had been there for me more than anyone. They were helping me pull through this, and i couldnt thank them enough.

"Em!" I heard Daryls voice, I was going on a run today, i havent been on one since Charlotte, but i knew i had to help the group as much as i could, and i couldnt let my mood get in the way of that.

"Coming!" I shouted as i grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs to be met by Daryl. "Ricks in the car, go get some weapons for us Em" He said and I nodded. He walked out to meet Rick and i went into the cupboard where our bag of weapons was. I grabbed a few guns and knives and made my way to the front door when Beth stopped me. She wrapped her arms round me and said "Please be careful out there" I wrapped an arm round her. "I will Beth, dont worry, il be back in a few hours, keep good care of Judith and Carl" I said, She smiled and went back to where the others were. I made my way out to the car and put the weapons in the boot. I jumped into the back seat and Rick turned around to me. "You sure you wanna do this?" He asked. "I cant stay in that house much longer il go insane, i need to get out, and i need to do this" I said to him. He smiled and turned back to the wheel before he started it up. Daryl flicked my knee from the front seat then turned round again. "Daryl what the hell?" I said. "What?" He asked. "You just flicked me" I said. "No i didnt? What are ya talking about?" He said. "Oh my Daryl shut up" I said while slapping him lightly. He started to laugh and so did i, even Rick smiled a little. We kept up the stupid games until we got to the shopping mall, the same one that Charlotte had died in. Daryl looked at me, "You okay?" He asked. I took a deep breath and nodded before getting out the car and going into the boot to get the weapons, I felt a pair of arms snake round me as i opened the boot and then heard Ricks voice. "You dont have to come in, you can stay here if you want, i know this is hard for you" He whispered. I got the weapons out and gave one to him, "Im fine, honestly, i want to do this" I said to him, he kissed my forehead and i gave a gun to Daryl, we walked into the shopping mall and i spoke up, "We split up at first, each go into a different shop, Daryl, Weapons, Rick, Food, and Il go to the pharmacy, got it?" They didnt bother disagreeing with me so we split up and i walked into the pharmacy, and got everything that we would need, i then walked over to the sexual health aisle, i stared at the pregnancy tests and picked some up, i heard footsteps behind me, i turned around quickly with my gun pointed towards it to find it was Rick. Fuck. He walked towards me and looked at the pregnancy tests in my hand, "Are you?" He said. "I dont know" I said. "Take them with you, you need to know" I nodded and put them into my bag. "Clothes" I said as i started to walk out of the shop and into the clothes one, I picked up shoes because our shoes were breaking, I walked round the corner to see Charlottes rotting body on the floor. I cringed and just looked at her. I felt Rick behind me and he laced his fingers with mine. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded. "Flowers, i want to put some flowers on her" He nodded and we walked to the gift shop, i picked out white roses, her favourites, I looked at Rick who was looking at the flowers and other gifts, "You carry on, i want to look at something" I nodded and walked back out to the clothes shop and layed the roses on her body. "I love you Charlotte" I whispered before standing up. I walked out of the shop to see a herd of walkers walking into the gift shop Rick was in. Shit. "RICK!" I screamed and started to shoot the walkers. "DARYL HELP!" I shouted and Daryl appeared "Ricks in there" I told him. "theres to many for us to handle Em, theres way to many, we need to go!" He said. "NO!" I shouted and i continued to shoot the walkers. "Take my bag and get back to the car, we'll meet you out there" I said. "Em, i cant leave you, theres to many of them" He said. "Just go Daryl, Please." He gave in and went. "Come on you stupid things, over here, this is where the good meat is!" I shouted and alot of them turned to face me, leaving maybe 20 going into the shop, i heard Ricks gun, I had no other choice now. I took my knife out and made a small cut into my arm and wiped the blood on the walls, the walkers went straight to it and i ran to the stop, shooting the walkers that were going in, I then went back to the others and started to shoot them, i felt something grab me and turned to see a walker about to take a chunk out of my neck, i screamed loud and stabbed it, i looked down at my arms. Scratches, fuck. I ran into the gift shop and found Rick shooting walkers, a walker was about to bite him so i shot it and he looked at me. He ran towards me and grabbed my arm before running out of the mall and jumping into the car where Daryl was. Rick jumped into the front seat with me still in his arms. He sat me on his lap and Daryl pulled away from the mall and started to drive back towards the house. He looked down at my arms, "Oh my god" He said as he stared at them, "You've been scratched?" He asked. I looked down and nodded. I looked over at Daryl to see worry on his face. "Do you feel ill? Do you have a fever" Rick asked, "No, i feel fine, i dont feel any different" I said. "Look Rick, the scratches havent broke the skin, its just red lines, it only takes effect if the scratches or bites break the skin" Daryl said. Rick took a sigh of relief and so did i. "Thankgod" He said putting his arms round me, I smiled.

When we got back to the house we told the others that the scratches on my arm were from Daryl pulling me away from a walker. Luckily they believed it. Rick and I went upstairs and i emptied my bag out and took all of the medicine downstairs to Hershel, he thanked me and i went back upstairs to find Rick sat on our bed with the pregnancy test in his hand. I forgot about those. He looked up at me and I shut the door, "We have to know" He said. I nodded, "I know, but what if i am?" I asked. "I dont know, obviously whether you want to keep it or not is your decision, but id want you to keep it, we dont have proper tools to give an abortion and that could kill you" He said. i nodded and took the test from him. I went into the bathroom and took the test, i waited a few minutes until the test beeped and then i read the result.

'Positive'

I stared at it, no way. No freaking way. Rick knocked on the door. "What does it say" I opened the door and showed it to him. Then a big smile appeared on his face and he picked me up into his arms.

"My third child is inside of you right now, and i couldnt be happier that you are the mother of the third Grimes baby"