Chapter 1

"Jack! Jack where are you!?" I was shouting to my 8 year old brother.

"Over here!" I heard from behind me, I walked over towards where i heard the voice to see him. "Thankgod your okay" I picked him up. We had just battled a group of walkers, i thought it was the end of us.

A few hours later we found a cabin in the woods, i cleared it of walkers and we went inside, i got some tinned food out of my bag and gave it to Jack, he quickly ate the contents and threw the tin away.

"Jack, get some rest" I said to him, he nodded and got a blanket and went to sleep on the sofa.

My name is Emily Rigg. Jack is my little brother, I am 20 years old, I was 17 when the apocalypse started, Jack was 5, but we still had our parents and older sister then. Our parents were killed by the walkers. Our older sister, Charlotte, we dont know whats happened to her, when we were attacked by walkers she dissappeared but we couldnt see her body anywhere, that was 6 months ago, we assume shes dead, but i dont know, she was always tough.

The next day Jack woke me up and said there was walkers out the back and we needed to leave. I quickly packed our stuff back in the bag and we made a run for it. After about 5 minutes of running we stopped to have a drink. We put the water back in the bag and I looked up to see 2 huge groups of walkers coming towards us from different sides. "Get on my back" I said to Jack, he quickly jumped up and I made a run for it. I got my guns out and started firing at the walkers closest to us. "Emily im scared" Jack said through tears. "I know Jack i know, but you need to be strong, you have to be, we will get out of here alive." and with those words, i collapsed to the ground.