Chapter 13

Ricks POV

It was the middle of the night now and Emily still hadnt woken up. Daryl and Glenn were up on watch, so Daryl kept coming in and checking on us every hour. I was unbelievably tired but i knew i had to stay up, if i didnt then Emily could die, and it would be my fault. I layed back and put my head on the pillow, before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Daryls POV

I went into Ricks room to check on him and Emily only to find Rick asleep. "For gods sake Rick" I said under my breath before picking Emily up and taking her out of the room, I layed her down on the sofa and checked her pulse, it was still there. I walked out to Glenn, "Ricks fallen asleep so im going to have to watch her, ya alright out here by yourself?" I asked. "Yeah, is she okay?" He asked, I nodded, "Still not awake though" and then i walked back inside. I sat down on the sofa and leaned her head on my lap. After an hour of sitting there she started to move a little and she buried herself under my arm and into my side. I held her close to me so if she woke up she would be warm and comforted. After a while I saw her eyes slowly flicker open. "Rick?" She said in a weak voice. "No, its Daryl" I told her. She looked up at me before sitting herself up. "Wheres Rick?" She asked. "Upstairs, he fell asleep, i was checking in on you both and saw he was asleep so i brought you down here with me" I explained. She smiled, "Thankyou" She said before wrapping her arms round me, she flinched in pain a little and her cuts and stitches touched my neck. I pulled her arm down and put hand on them gently, to let her know it was okay, and that i wouldnt judge her for it. She looked into my eyes and smiled weakly, "Im sorry" She whispered. "Dont be. Your okay. Thats all that matters" I told her. She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Thankyou Daryl," She said "I know your upset aswell, but your being so strong, you loved her Daryl, she was your girlfriend, but your being so strong about it. She was my sister, my only family left. I loved her and i almost killed myself. Everyone here thinks im so strong, but im really not, i dont know what im going to do without her Daryl" I could see the tears start to form in her eyes. I pulled her close to me "You are strong though, even though you tried to commit suicide, you didnt and you asked for help. It takes a lot to even ask for help, and now your okay, your not dead and your still strong, everyone will still think you are strong." I reassured her. She buried her head into my side and wrapped her arms around me. It was light outside now so i knew Rick would be up soon. "Why dont we get some breakfast?" I asked her. She nodded and got up and started to walk to the kitchen, i followed behind her as she got the stale cereal from the cupboard. "I cant believe we have to eat stale cereal" she said. "Hey, stale cereal is better than no cereal" I told her and she laughed. "I guess so".

We sat down and ate our cereal when i heard footsteps then Ricks voice. "EMILY? DARYL WHERES EMILY?" He shouted. "DOWN HERE!" I shouted back and i heard his quick footsteps down the stairs. "Is she awa - Em oh my god your awake" He said as he ran over to her and wrapped his arma round her. She wrapped her arms round him and whispered.

"Im okay. And i will always be okay, no matter what Rick"