2. Get Yourself a Daddy

Start from the beginning

"I hope you're right." I sighed deeply, dramatically looking out the car window as if I was in a sad music video.

Intrusive thoughts of cutting all my hair off or jumping in front of a bus filled my mind the more time shifted all around me. The city roads gradually transitioned off into a more discreet setting that consisted of tall evergreen trees and unbridled nature.

"Oh god." I couldn't help but close my eyes as we passed by a huge sign that said Camp Closeted, a large rainbow flag hanging by the side.

"Aren't you excited!" My mom exclaimed, smiling at the passing sign. "You're gonna meet so many new friends!"

"I'm really not that excited." I fixed my posture on the car seat to get a better look at my surroundings. "I just don't wanna feel like I'm in high school again, you know? That environment I mean."

My mom threw me a sincere glance. "This place is way different than your school Micah, I'm sure of it." She then took a quick break before speaking again. "Look, can I tell you something?"

"What is it?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're gonna be living with 20 other guys for a very long time." She let out suspiciously. "And, I mean for a very long time." She added quietly, emphasizing on the very.

"Okay, what's your point?" I let out, my voice audibly drowned in confusion.

My mom filled the quiet with a long deep breath, proceeding to finally say what she wants to say. "Just promise me you'll use protection-" I quickly choked on air.

"Mom!" I tried to interrupt as I felt my cheeks heat up for some reason. "I'm not gonna be doing anything like that in a camp in the middle of the woods, what the hell!"

She nervously laughed as she clicked her mouth. "You never know! You could find another guy you might think that's attractive and stuff can happen."

"I swear I won't, stop!" I felt embarrassed for this subject being brought up, hoping the conversation was over and finally arrive and get this camp over with.

My mom just shamelessly laughed to herself. "I'm sorry Micah." Her eyes glanced at me and on the road. "Has anyone from school showed support after what Brandon did?"

I quickly winced. "No, and I'm okay with that. I don't need anyone's sympathy. I'm just going to be myself, and if they don't like it, I honestly don't care."

My mom threw me a proud smile as she nodded her head. "That's right. I love you Micah. I always want you happy."

"I love you too mom."

An awkward silence broke out as all our attention was snatched by the gorgeously shimmering lake appearing before us. Along the lake followed a huge log cabin that seemed like a large castle in the woods.

I couldn't deny the immense size and beauty this camp had to offer, even from afar the camp was gigantic.

Wow.

The road to the camp was complimented by colorful shrubs and flowers that blended well with the tall trees.

"This is where I drop you off." My mom clapped as I felt the car slowly stop, only making my heart begin to race.