A Cooling Winter Can Warm Hearts

~~💔~~

The child squirmed around a little, crawling next to Geno. The bigger skeleton smiled at the child, picking it up gently and letting it rest on his lap. Reaper sat next to Geno on the couch, casually watching the two with a content smile. 

Just then, Life strolled in. "Brr...It's getting colder outside." She informed them, looking out the window. 

Most of the leaves on the trees had fallen the previous month, leaving the great trees barren. The sky became more and more of a light blue throughout the months, showing signs of a soon to come winter. 

"Winter...one of my busiest seasons."  Reaper groaned, laying his head back onto the couch. "Seriously, disease and illnesses spread like wildfire during this time, making my work a little harder." 

"Will that mean you'll be working your...ahem...job more often?" Geno asked, his bony fingers playing with the tiny hands of the infant in front of him. 

"Well, recently, they have made medication and cures for there injuries and sicknesses, so I don't think you'll have to work as hard this year, my friend." Life smiled, proud of her children's progress. 

"Yeah yeah, less work for me, the better." Reaper mumbled, tilting his head so that he could look back at Geno and Goth. 

"Snow...I've seen snow plenty of times in the underground. There was a section of it which froze over and became the 'Snowy Woods' and 'Snowdin'." Geno started telling, chuckling at the ridiculous names the king had given them. "It was very cold, but very warming at the same time. Honestly, it was the most perfect place to live..." 

The lights shimmered brightly and magnificently outside of their decorated house. They flickered on and off, displaying a beautiful show. 

'WOWIE! THIS LOOKS SUPER COOL, SANS!' Papyrus cheered. He admired the lights, simply dazzled by them. 

'Heh. Sure does, Paps.' the addressed other answered, chuckling in amusement at Papyrus' reaction. 

'Can we go this every year?' the scarfed one asked, cheerfully bouncing around. 

'Sure. Whatever makes you happy, bro.' Sans smiled, enjoying the view.

"Geno?"

The smaller awoke from his daydream, shaking off the images. "Y-Yes?" he answered, managing a smile. 

Reaper set a hand on his. "Are...Are you alright?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" Geno asked, ripping his gaze from the baby to Reaper. 

"...It's nothing." The god mumbled, taking his 'eyes' off of Geno and looking over at Life. "Anything special for today or something?" 

Life walked around the couch so that she was at Reaper's side. "Well, I could whip up some hot chocolate." She offered. 

Geno perked up at this notion. "OOH! Yes." He smiled. 

"I would prefer coffee." Reaper bluntly thought aloud, crossing his arms. 

Geno gave Reaper a look. "Seriously, you drink coffee so often, I wonder if you have become fifty percent coffee by now." Geno hissed. 

"Well, I wouldn't  be surprised if that was actually true." Life agreed, crossing her fuzzy arms. "Friend, the amount of caffeine consumption you continue to do is rather concerning. If you keep doing that, you will never get any sleep." 

Reaper stiffened. "Heh...Yeah. I definitely don't want that." Reaper laughed nervously, uneasiness written all over his face. 

"Reaper." Geno stated.