The Game Between The Killer and The Victim

~~💔~~

Chara...?

Chara...

...

CHARA.

CHARA!

CHARA!!!!

My hands began to shake. 

They grinned. "Is there something wrong, Sans? Did you remember something~?"
A strange feeling began to burn within my soul, almost to the point where it would melt. 

"Man, You look sca-" They paused, their eyes widening with shock. "Wha...What?" Chara quickly withdrew from me, their gaze scanning over my body. 

My smile creaked into a jagged sneer. "Ah...I remember you now..."
My gaze locked with their shaking stare.
"Heya...DEMON."

~~💀~~

Sans' body appeared to be...glitching? Death wasn't sure, since the tree he was behind blocked some of his view. However, he could feel the intense hatred in Sans' glare when he stared at the human.
The human...which claimed the same name as that...hell-bent child...

No...

DEMON HELL SPAWN. 

His being continued to shake and glitch. Sudden images of red appeared onto his body, before disappearing quickly without a trace. Sans walked forward towards the human, his steps firm and rigid. If you stared long enough, you could catch a glimpse of his right eye-socket dripping down his face. It was a terrifying sight to behold. 

Finally, once the kid had no more room to move around in, Sans stood before them.
"You know...I have a question for you...CHARA." He leaned closer to them, the glitching getting worse and worse. 

Chara was wide-eyed, trembling beneath Sans. They managed a shaky breath, before firmly gripping their knife and attempting to stab Sans.
He immediately grasped the knife by it's blade, pulling it away from the child and throwing it into the air. Then, a dragon-like skull shimmered into existence, releasing a powerful blast at the weapon. The only thing left of the blade was the memory of it, as it was completely obliterated.
Sans' smile widened.
"I'm not in the mood to deal with your murdering attitude at the moment. Though, if you don't answer my question, you can feel EXACTLY how I felt in the last few resets."
Chara scowled at him, but didn't object to his threat.
"So. How are we back here?  How did my plan fail?" 

Death rose an non-existent eyebrow at the last question.
Plan?

Reset?

He hurriedly shoved the questions aside to resume listening to their conversation. 

"It was actually rather simple." Chara responded, after a long period of silence.

"You were too caught up in the moment to ever really realize...that I was originally a ghost myself. I still HAD determination. I still HAD the will to live." 

The more the two of them talked, the more Death got confused.
Determination?
Ghosts?

If someone died, wouldn't he just be able to reap th- 

"So, while you did break FRISK'S soul, I was able to gather their DETERMINATION and use their body to Reset. It was so easy...yet, you seemed so happy to see your MAGNIFICENT AND WELL-THOUGHT OUT PLAN to succeed. I just wanted to wait a little while, so I could shred ALL of your hard work, RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE."

~~💔~~

My soul was burning with rage as I listened to their explanation. The only thing that pushed me over the edge was the last sentence.