Revenge Is Bitter But That's The Best Kind

~~💔~~

Chilling laughter consumed any trace of peaceful silence. My feet were frozen in place with fear. They stomped harshly into my brother's remains, their cackling becoming more malicious. 

"Oh...Poor, Unfortunate Sans..." Frisk twisted their foot back and forth, rubbing the powder into the snow. They smirked at me, our gazes locking together. "Is something BROTHERING you? I mean, it DOES seem a little more...DUSTY around here." They giggled softly, before showing off their burning ruby red eyes. 

"WH-Wha..."
I tried to string together words, or anything at all. However, my attempts met no success. 

"Oh? Do you NOT remember? HA! That's unfortunate...I wanted you to SUFFER each and EVERY RESET."
Over a million questions flooded my head.
What is happening?
WHY is it happening?
HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?
Frisk giggled once more, gently picking up Papyrus' scarf and wrapping it around their neck. "You lost this round, Sans. Why don't we start a new one?" They smiled wickedly as a bright red object appeared in front of them.
A human soul.
Frisk then jammed their own knife into it, shattering it into thousands of pieces.

^v^v^v^v^

After our encounter, I smiled at the kid. Even through all of Papyrus' annoyed grumbles and screeches, I could pick up the sound of small giggling behind the lamp. Since Papyrus stormed off in complete frustration, the atmosphere became stale and quiet. The human looked around for a bit, still pressing against the lamp for dear life.

"Hey, you can come out now." I hollered over to Frisk, making sure that Papyrus was fully gone. I mean, my brother wasn't too harmful, but he was also not completely harmless. I couldn't imagine what would happen if the two faced off in combat. Now that would be an interesting sight.

They slowly crept from their hiding spot, relief crossing their face. However, I sensed a hint of knowing. Knowing that something the same as this would happen. This rose a little more flags inside my mind, but I decided to push them away...for now. I gave them a reassuring smile, mustering all of my kindness into my expression. "Don't worry, Papyrus isn't harmful, even when we TRIES to be. You should be fine. I'll see you up ahead."

They slowly nodded, then strolled over to where Papyrus had left.

 Before they left, however, an idea came to mind. "Hey, hold up for a minute." 

Frisk suddenly tensed, frozen in the spot they were at.

Bud-Dump.
Bud-Dump.
Bud-Dump.

"Papyrus would be awfully happy if..." I stopped. 

Didn't...didn't I do this before?

~~💀~~

I blinked once. Then, I did it twice. What? I swore that after I talked to the other Sans, I went home. I...I did...right? I peered around the tree that I was hiding behind, staring at two beings. It was strangely quiet, the tension building itself every second.
What is going on?

~~💔~~

I stared straight at Frisk. They stared back at me. 

"Sorry...if what?" They asked, slowly walking towards me. 

My smile wavered. "Uh...Can you...uh..."
Frisk rose an eyebrow. "Heh...sorry kid. This moment just seems...awfully familiar." 

Frisk twitched.
"Really? How weird...CONSIDERING IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!" They quickly whipped out a glistening knife.

-3684

I choked on boiling hot liquid, throwing it up from my mouth. It splattered across the child's clothing, staining the powdery white snow.
"Well, this just proves my point. You now have awful memory."
They strolled closer towards me. Everything around me started to become fuzzy.
"Let me give you a quick recollection...SANS."
A sudden firm object bashed against my dusting ribs, forcing me onto my back. Their foot was resting on my chest, hastening the dust process.
"You won't remember...BUT LISTEN CLOSELY. I won't say this again... I was just living on the surface...enjoying my life...ENJOYING THE SUN...THE FRESH AIR...THE BREEZE...But then...DEATH REINED IT'S GLORY OVER SOCIETY. Everything was dying...INCLUDING ME. When I finally died, I ended back at the save screen. Do you remember that, Sans? The quiet...deafening...DARKNESS."
Half of my body was gone, already have faded with a small gust of wind.
"And do you know who I saw there? You. You were WAITING...But not only just that...YOU WERE ROTTING AS WELL."

I glanced at their face. Hatred was masked over it.
"So...after you killed me there...I was left to rot as well...Until...I reseted."

I let out a wheezing cough.
"Well...it seems that your time is almost up. Any final words? Pfft. There is no such thing anymore." With that, the weight from my chest was lifted. I finally gasped a wheezing breathe. Suddenly, the weight came back, but suddenly and harshly. My vision completely blurred.

Then, everything dissolved into complete and silent D A R K N E S S.

~~💀~~

The human smirked demonically, before lifting their foot and stomping down on the dusting corpse. I watched, unfazed.
Did anyone expect me to feel bad?
To feel remorse?
To feel...

ANYTHING?
I am the God Of DEATH.

I am darkness.
I CANNOT FEEL.
I continued to stare at the child. Should I intervene?  

^v^v^v^v^

~~💔~~

 After our encounter, I smiled at the kid. Even through all of Papyrus' annoyed grumbles and screeches, I could pick up the sound of small giggling behind the lamp. Since Papyrus stormed off in complete frustration, the atmosphere became stale and quiet. The human looked around for a bit, still pressing against the lamp for dear life.

"Hey, you can...wait..."
Frisk smirked at me, a devilish gleam in their eyes.
"WAIT. HOLD ON." I teleported away from them, my eye socket overflowing with magic. 

"Ohohoho! So you do remember this time! HOW EXCITING." Frisk exclaimed, twirling a knife from their pocket. 

I stiffened at the sight of the blade.
"F-FRISK?" 

They started to approach me, the snow crunching under their shoes.
"Frisk? Oh dear, where is poor Frisk? Oh. That's right. T H E Y  A R E  D E A D."
I continued to back up, until I was against a tree.
"But don't worry, Sans! I'm much better than that worthless waste of determination!"
They pressed the blade against my chest, gliding it lightly over my shirt.
"It's me!
Your best fiend!
C H A R A "