Chapter 5

Cala Ames

The drive to the park was quiet. Something that I am not often given. I was more than thankful to have my own car. I guess that's the only good decision my parents made.

I've gotten so used to this neighborhood already. I could walk or drive around with my eyes closed and arrive at my destination with 100% accuracy. Walking around alone at night has it's perks.

Seeing that it's just 7:40 made me think that no one would be in the park. I parked and quickly got out of my car, taking just my phone and my earphones.

I slowly entered, taking note of everything around me. The silence and the peace that the world had to offer to me.

As I entered, my assumption was proved to be wrong. Couples were everywhere. It was crazy. Snogging here, cuddling there. I almost felt sorry for their dogs whom they probably just used as an accessory to be here.

I made my way to the benches, just looking at my feet while walking. I didn't want anyone to think that I was interested in their little rendezvous.

So today's agenda: lie down on a bench, look up at the sky and listen to my "You're the baddest bitch in town" playlist, or maybe my "Keep Calm, Hold your breath" playlist. Whichever matches my mood, really.

As I raised my head up a little, I saw someone familiar. Someone who was alone. Not a couple. Fucking finally.

But this someone was not a stranger to me. I know this guy.

He goes to my school. He and I have mutual friends, yet I don't consider him much of a friend. He's Brendan's best mate. Scarlett tells me that we're alike in every way, yet I find that very hard to believe.

He's Samuel Bosworth. And he happens to be alone in Lavierne Park like I am. One more to add in our list of similarities.

And I caught him looking at me.

Well damn, this is awkward. What do I do now?!