Chapter 4

Samuel Bosworth

I occupied one bench. My feet propped up as I read through a book that I wasn't even sure if I was interested in. I was more focused on the music playing in my ears. Arctic Monkeys. One of my favorites.

I finished my sandwich in 5 bites. I barely drank from my coffee since it was too hot to drink. I don't even know why I bother making it hot when I could just make it iced. The struggle, really.

I decided to close the book and put it back in my bag. I checked my watch, "7:25" I said aloud with a sigh. Time does really go slow when nothing interesting is happening. School doesn't start for another hour, and I don't really fancy waiting outside the school gate.

I look around and see a couple with their dog by the pond. They're really firm believers of PDA from what I'm seeing. Well, at least they're not alone. Fuck. More couples start to arrive and I begin to question why I ever thought going here would be a good idea. I don't need to feel alone in a park; I've got lots of time to feel that at home.

15 minutes have passed, and I swear this park is full of couples. And much to my favor, the song playing is "Perfectly Lonely" by John Mayer. Shut the fuck up, John. I start to pack my things as I see someone walk in the park.

Not a couple, but a person, as in alone.

She was alone.

She goes to my school. She's friends with my friends. She has been in a relationship with my best mate. She and I do not jive very well, though our friends say we're practically the same person.

She's Cala Ames, and she just so happened to spot me too.

{Authors Note: Hi again!! Please, please, please tell me what you guys think about it so far! I don't know how to advertise or promote this book, so if you like it, help me get the word out! Thanks guys ily}