Thirty Four

Chris' POV- September 2017

I slowly felt a wave of nausea build up the closer I got to the living room/kitchen area. As I walked into the living room, I realized we had company. Andrea was up, and seated next to her was Eli. They were both eating breakfast which consisted on scrambled eggs, breakfast sausages and toast. Normally I would love the smell of food, but hungover Chris did not.

"You look lovely"

I smiled as Eli groaned when Andrea elbowed him. He glared at her and rubbed his side, but Andrea paid no attention to him. Instead she turned to look at me and said,

"You're up early"

"The sound of Cody throwing up woke me up" I mumbled.

I hugged her from behind and nuzzled my nose against her neck. The light scent of her body wash was comforting, and helped fight nausea; a light hint of mint and apple.

"How do you feel?"

"Like shit" I replied.

"You look like shit"

I pulled away and looked at Eli.

"Please tell me you're insulting me because you made me food I won't puke out" I told him.

There was no way I could keep scrambled eggs without throwing up.

"You know me so well"

He stood up and made his way over to the stove.

"I swear, I'm pretty sure the only people who use this stove are Andrea and me"

He was not wrong there. Not even Cody's mom used the stove because he always took his family out for dinner.

"Chicken soup should help you both, but it won't cure the hangover"

"As long as it gets me through practice," I said.

I took a seat next to Andrea and reached for the Gatorade she was drinking from.

"Thank you" I told Eli as he placed a bowl with soup across from me.

He pretended to tip an invisible hat before walking around to sit on the other side of Andrea.

"Did you two already start studying?" I questioned.

"I printed out the study guide last night, so we were looking through it"

I glanced up as Cody made his presence known by groaning. The reason he was taking so long in the bathroom was because he had decided to shower.

"Good morning, there's soup in the pot"

Cody opened the fridge and pulled out two Gatorade bottles.

"Thanks for bringing drinks Eli"

Eli simply nodded.

"Mom taught me to never show up to a house empty handed"

"Did you bring cookies?" I asked.

"When you get back from your game tonight, they will be waiting for you"

I began eating my soup.

"So Rory called me last night"

All eyes were on Andrea, including mine. She hummed and shook her head.

"More like this morning since it was 3AM"

"Was this after I fell asleep?" I wondered.

She nodded.

"Yeah, we talked for about a half hour. She apologized for being inconsiderate and a total bitch"

Eli raised an eyebrow.