Seven

Chris's POV- April 2017

My eyes snapped open at the sound of a door slamming.

"I am so sorry!"

I slowly sat up and met eyes with Andrea's roommate, Ximena (pronounced He-Men-Ah)

"I forgot you were in here"

The room was pretty dark (thanks to the bedroom blinds), but I could hear her shuffling around.

"Would you mind if I turned on the light?"

"Go for it" I answered.

I squinted a bit as the room was suddenly lit.

"Sorry about that"

She picked up a textbook and was quick to shut the light off.

"Bye now"

And just like that I was alone in the room. After our game in Memphis last night, I decided to drop by. It was 2AM when I called Andrea, and thankfully she answered. Turns out her roommate was still up, so I was let in. I did spend the night, but nothing happened. We were getting to know each other, and her roommate was in the room with us. It was early, so I quickly fell back asleep once I lied back down. I woke up a few hours later to the front door of the house slamming closed.

"I'M HOME BITCHES!"

So Lorelai was back from class. A few minutes later, I heard a light knock. Before I could react, the door slowly opened.

"Are you decent?"

"What's your definition of decent?" I wondered.

"Are you naked?"

"I am not" I answered.

The door opened.

"Andi's class got canceled, so she's on her way back"

I climbed out of bed and made a face as my bones popped when I stretched.

"I didn't expect you to be back" I said.

"My professor's wife went into labor, so he canceled class"

I grabbed my toothbrush and followed her out. As she disappeared into her room, I walked inside the bathroom where I brushed my teeth. I heard the front door close, but I also heard the TV in the living room turn on. I could hear cartoons as I made my towards the kitchen. No one was in here, so I went to work. So Andrea knew I was dropping by after I got back because I asked if I could. We were both busy people, so for our first date I would be cooking her breakfast.

"Hey Chris"

"Yeah?" I called out.

"Don't burn the house down"

I turned around and smiled at Lorelai who was eating a popsicle.

"Should you be eating that this early?" I asked.

"Don't judge my eating habits"

"I'm not" I said.

I actually envied her, I wish I could eat whatever I wanted without not having a stomach ache after. Once I hit my mid 20's, my stomach (as well as other body parts) decided to turn against me.

"So what are you making?"

I opened the fridge.

"Everything in there is fair game"

I nodded and pulled out the egg carton.

"I'm making omelettes" I informed her.

This omelette was going to have spinach, bacon, and tomato.