Twenty Eight

Chris' POV- August 2017

Today had honestly been a shitty day. Not only had we lost, but I had not heard from Andrea the entire day.

"Has Andi not called you?"

I glanced away from my phone and smiled.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

Cody chuckled.

"I mean, you've had your fair share of calls today but I haven't seen that dopey smile you have after you talk with Andrea"

The team claimed that I had a 'dopey' smile after I talked with Andrea. Said smile would come up on my face when I spoke about her. To be honest, this team was quite nosey...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'm sure she has a reasonable explanation"

There was an explanation, she worked and had class today.

"It just sucks she couldn't be here" I said.

Before he could say anything, there was a knock on the door. Who could be at the door? It was late.

"Is Maddy coming over?" I asked.

"No, but I got it"

He stood up and made his way to the door. I then watched as he cracked the door open and hummed before looking at me.

"It's for you"

What?

Before I could say anything, the door opened wider.

"Hey"

I felt my heart skip a beat when I recognized Andrea's voice. Cody winked at me before helping Andrea with a duffle bag. He placed the dufflebag on his bed and helped her take off her backpack.

"I'll give you two some privacy"

He gave her a light squeeze before making his way to the door.

"Maddy is downstairs waiting for me. I'll see you two tomorrow"

He grabbed his backpack before making his way out. Once the door closed, Andrea turned to look at me.

"Did you really think I was going to miss your birthday?"

She set her duffle bag and bag on the floor before climbing up on the bed to hug me.

"Happy Birthday Chris"

I leaned my head against her shoulder. Suddenly, I sniffled as I felt the water works begin to come out. As would any person, Andrea pulled away and looked at me a bit concerned.

"Why are you crying?"

She reached over and wiped my face.

"I'm just happy" I told her.

I let her clean up my face, and smiled/sniffled as she scratched my jaw a bit.

"You have no idea how much I missed you"

She cupped my face and leaned in. I closed my eyes as I felt her lips against mine, and  when she pulled away I couldn't help but smile at her.

"I love you so much" I blurted out.

She didn't move her hands away from my face as my eyes widened when I realized what I had just told her, instead she smiled.

"By the look of your face, I'm going to guess that you did not want me to know that"

I said nothing, just stared at her with wide eyes.

"I love you too, and I'm not just saying it to make you feel better"