Eighteen

Andrea's POV- June 2017

I sat up and sighed as I closed my eyes. Across the hall, I heard an alarm go off. A groan followed, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Morning" I greeted to a sleepy Chris next to me.

He scrunched up his nose as he covered his face with my pillow. I don't know how to describe Chris at the moment, the only word that comes up is...soft...maybe fluffy.

"You are more than welcomed to continue sleeping, but I have to get up" I told him.

He groaned and blindly reached for me as he mumbled,

"No, don't go"

"I've got work" I said as I got out of bed.

I got no response from him, so I figured he had fallen asleep. Making my way out of the room, I smiled at Eli as he walked out of the guest room. He frowned and groaned as I made it to the bathroom before him.

"We can share the bathroom, you can shower" I told him.

"Thanks"

As he began to take off his clothes, I turned my attention to washing my face.

"I got a text from Mason asking if I was alive"

Mason was Eli's roommate.

"Did you reply?" I wondered.

I pat my face dry as he said,

"Yeah, I told him I'd be home tonight"

While he showered, I began to curl random strands of my hair.

"Is Chris still asleep?"

I turned towards the door as I saw movement through my peripherals. A drowsy Chris stood leaning against the door.

"Can I use the bathroom?"

"Yeah, of course. Come right on in" I answered.

"Morning Chris"

Chris slowly blinked and looked at the shower curtains.

"Morning"

As he did his business, I ran my hand through my hair.

"So did Mason barely notice that you were gone?" I questioned as I reached for the hairspray.

"He wasn't home Sunday either"

That made sense.

"The bed was untouched so he freaked out a bit. It was like 2AM when he got home, so he thought he'd call me but figured that if I wasn't dead I would be asleep. How thoughtful of him right? He sent me a text asking if I was alive"

I heard the toilet flush, so I stepped back so Chris could wash his hands.

"Is everyone in here?"

My dad stepped into the room, and reached for his toothbrush.

"I take it Elias is in the shower"

Eli peaked out.

"Yeah, morning. I'll start breakfast in a bit"

Dad chuckled and lightly patted Chris' back.

"I'll get the coffee started"

And just liked that, he left with his toothbrush. I turned to look at Chris who yawned.

"Go back to sleep" I told him.

"I'm planning on it"

He watched as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush.