Turning

"Y/N, you shouldn't be here!" Elijah was very firm in telling me. "I know but I wanted to help you. I heard about the bomb and people are hurt, Elijah." I told him straight how much I want to help but being human isn't exactly ideal around wolf's. "They'll know you're..." He trailed of not wanting to say it aloud and knowing that I knew what he meant. "Yes, Elijah but I have you to protect me, right?" I teased in a jokey way. He smiled shyly with a slight laugh.

~

"Get everyone away! Quick!" I overheard Elijah telling Jackson. Jackson snarled at me then another bomb went off. I was blown backwards and hit the ground with a thud. "Ah!" I let out as I landed. Another went off and I covered my ears. Then another and another. On the next, I was swept up by someone and moved away. I had a gut wrenching pain by my stomach and I could feel warm liquid sticking to my top and trickeling down my side. "Ah!" I let out again as I was placed down, soon noticing it was Elijah who had moved me. "Y/N, your side-" he cut himself short has he noticed me slip into the darkness.

~

It hasn't been long, when I awoke. "Y/N!" It was Hayley. She must have gotten back in the time I was out cold. "Elijah! Come quick!" She called over to Elijah who came rushing in at inhuman speed. "Y/N, listen to me. You got seriously hurt on the second bomb. Y/N, you-you-" he stopped, tears staining his eyes. Hayley noticed it was hard for him. "Y/N, you're dying. And the only way to save you is-" Hayley started but Elijah cut her off, wanting to finish; "I need you to drink my blood. You'll die of you don't." Elijah pleaded with me. I had never considered being a vampire but I would die otherwise. "Y/N, I can't live without you. Please, take it." He sat beside me, arm bleeding waiting for me to take some. As much pain as I was in, I kept deliberating whether I should drink his blood. "Please, I will care for you throughout the whole transition and healing and after when you need help adapting. Please, Y/N." He kept pleading with me. Only one question ran through my mind. "Why d-do you want me-e to drink your bl-lood? Wh-hy do I m-mean so m-much?" I asked him, trying hard to keep my eyes locked on his. "Because, Y/N... I love you with all my heart. I don't let people in but I let you in and I need you to help me through my own life. I love you, Y/N!" He eyes darted from mine to my lips then his arm and my eyes again. I attached my lips to his arm and drank his blood. I pulled back, beginning to feel the hunger already. Elijah held my hand tight.

~

I awoke from the sleep after getting home with Elijah. "Y/N, how are you feeling?" Elijah asked from beside me. "Hungry. Tired. Cared for." I smiled at him while saying the last part. "I'll get you some blood." He told me, removing his hand from mine and sped downstairs. Returning moments later with a bag of blood. I bite into it and drank it clean. Elijah let out a small laugh and I rolled my eyes after finishing, cleaning my mouth. "Elijah?" I asked as he sat down beside me on the bed. He nodded for me to continued. "I love you too." I confessed. He then realised what he had said earlier. His face let out a shocked expression. "When I said that, I didn't mean it like a sister or friend, Y/N-" I cut him short. "I know. I love you, Elijah." I placed my hand on his cheek as he moved closer. One of his hands gribbed my waist as the other cupped my cheek. He lent closer. "I do hope I can kiss you?" He asked with a smile. "Of course." I smiled into the kiss as he closed the gap sending tingles up my spine and making everything finally feel complete.

Word count: 722.