Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Eventually me and Loki arrive in the stables to find a huge amount of people trying to calm a very distressed horse.

Loki asks “What’s going on here?”

One of the stable hands notifies “Sire this here horse has gone insane in fear it is to be put down if we cannot calm it.”

I rush forward while taking a piece of rope off one of the struggling stable hands.

I hush “It’s alright there’s nothing to fear. I won’t hurt you.”

I inch closer while making sure to only pay attention to the Friesian stallion which is rearing and flailing its legs wildly in obvious fear of its surroundings.

I ask “What happened to make him so fearful.”

The stable hand nearest to me admits “He was caught up in a recent raid on Jotunheim. His master was ripped from the saddle by an enraged Frost Giant and he was kicked away luckily without injury.”

I continue to inch closer to the horse while trying to calm him down. As I get to his side he stops rearing but prances about on the spot. I lift a hand towards his face but don’t touch him. He places his face onto my hand welcoming the fuss as I continue to calm him down. I rub his face gently murmuring to him that there is nothing to fear and that we’re all friends.

Once satisfied that the horse is going to stay calm I look up only to see shocked faces. Even Loki is staring at me with a shocked expression on his face.

I ask “What did I do something wrong?”

The stable hand from before notifies “No it’s just that we have been trying to calm him down for days yet you manage it in mere moments.”

I nod my head and walk towards Loki leaving the stallion on his own with a stable hand. The Friesian quickly begins to rear slightly while whinnying frantically at me so I quickly return to his side.

Loki comments “It looks like you have once again made a new friend.”

I smile “It would seem so.”

Loki orders “Someone ready my horse.”

A random stable hand notifies “At once Sire.”

I ask “Can someone bring me this stallion’s tack please?”

A stable hand notifies “Princess we shall do that for you if you truly wish to ride him.”

I notify “One just call me Zanna and two I’d prefer to do this myself.”

The stable hand argues “But Princess Zanna it is our job to ready the horses for those who shall ride them.”

I notify stubbornly “Then I am going to help you.”

Loki notifies with a laugh “She is stubborn she won’t back down from helping you.”

The stable hand reluctantly nods and just as reluctantly hands me the stallion’s bridal. I nod in return and turn my full attention back onto the Friesian stallion.

Once the stallion is fully tacked up I gently lead him out of his stable while asking “What is the horses’ name?”

A nearby stable hand notifies “His name is Arrow your majesty.”

I smile “Thank you.”

Another stable hand approaches with another horse. This horse is an Arabian stallion by the looks of it. The stallion stands at fifteen hands high in height. He’s got a very well kept black coat as well. His mane and tail is black also. He’s got white stockings up his legs and he has a big white star on his forehead as well.