Chapter Twenty Three

Zanna’s P.O.V

Thanos flings me across the dark room and I hit a hard, rocky and damp wall. I yelp in pain and trigger my change again. My wolf growls and snarls at Thanos. She’s not amused at the trick he pulled using my telepathy to teleport us back to this place. Wherever we are that is because I don’t think I'm on Earth anymore.

Thanos mocks “Turning into your wolf form will not save you Suzanna.”

My wolf lets out a low threatening growl in warning of her impending attack no doubt. I shouldn’t really let her have another go at attacking Thanos after all it didn’t go so well last time did it. It’ll only end up with me being severely injured if not killed.

Thanos smirks in an evil request “Now then return back to your mortal form before I force you.”

My wolf being my wolf snarls and prepares to attack. Neither me nor my wolf can stand being threatened by anyone or anything.

My wolf stalks forward looking for an opening to attack Thanos. She’s looking for any weak spot that she can possibly find. When she thinks she’s found one then she launches herself at Thanos. Thanos obviously already anticipating an attack of this kind brings out a long blade. It sinks into my wolf’s stomach. Thanos pushes the blade sideward so that it snaps in half as I continue to fly past. Both me and my wolf are screaming in agony. I can only scream inside my wolfs head where as my wolf can scream out in pain for the both of us. I land in a heap not that far away from Thanos. My wolf still yelping in pain gets to her feet and snarls at Thanos even through the pain of the blade. Thanos launches himself at me this time and catches my wolf’s head with his fist. This makes me go crashing backwards into the wall on the other side of the room that we are in. My wolf lays on the floor in a heap unable to move as Thanos approaches again but this time with another blade. Thanos leans down over me and trails the blade down my wolf’s face not cutting it just yet though. He waits until he gets to stomach area before he sinks the blade in. He leaves it there this time. With a howl of agony my wolf slumps onto the floor in an unconscious state even though she is just about conscious.

Thanos walks away slightly but urges “I’d change back now unless you want more pain.”

I change back now and I feel the full force of the blades. I scream out in agony but I don’t pull the blades out otherwise I’ll only release the blood that I’m sure will pour out like a river if I move the blades.

Thanos notifies “I’ve been keeping a close eye on my old ally Loki especially after his failure on Earth the first time. I watched his torture at the hands of Asgard. I saw his escape once I sent a visitor to him informing him of his soon to be new cell. But what surprised me was how he knew where to go from where he was dropped by the Bifrost. He knew where to go to find you. Don’t you think that’s odd how he would just go to someone who is lower than himself in order to ask for help? No he wanted you to love him so that you would protect him from me. He thought you’d be able to defeat me in a battle that would kill you as well. But no I’ve seen through his plan... I’d thought I’d let you know this before I killed you... But considering that you won’t believe me why don’t you ask him yourself after all he’s in this room right now.”