Chapter 27: The truth

Start from the beginning

"your friend Byul is picking a fight with me. Is it okay if I rip her hair off?"

I was not worried about Byul, I was worried Changkyun might go bald soon.

Whistling a tune of my favourite song 'troublemaker' I wore my jacket that was resting on my arm. What do those people call their lovers again?

BAE or something like that. Anyway, today's a good day.

But I'm afraid soon it will turn bad. Well, I would have to tell the truth someday anyway.

***

"Hmm let's see. Some orange juice, meat, lots of chips, condo- What the heck! Who wrote this!"

Kihyun's face lost its color as he screamed loudly reading the list that was handed to us by the boys while we were at college this afternoon.

"What? Let me see!" I was pushing the cart forward but hearing him I stopped. I tried to peek at the paper from behind but he moved away, ripping the list into pieces in the meantime.

"I don't think your age is suitable to see this."

"What do you mean, I'm 19!" I scoffed, he always acted like I was a kid.

"I'm talking about your mental age." He came forward and started pushing the cart with me. "I have memorised it anyway. Let's go buy some vegetables first."

"Okay." I shrugged with my shoulders. "But if there was something fishy written on the list I'm pretty sure it was Changkyun."

"I'm kinda sure too. Let me push the cart, you can go and fetch everything." He suggested pushing me a little to the side with his shoulder.

"No! I like walking with the trolley!" I protested and he gave me a look.

"See? That's why I call you a kid!"

"Argh, let's just walk with this together. You know what, you act like a kid sometimes too!"

He snarled at me as a response. "First you say I'm a nagging mom and now you tell me I act like a kid, how's that possible!"

"Okay, okay, let's stop and calm down here. Do you want to buy nuggets next? I know you like chicken." I tried to sooth him down but mostly in a sarcastic way. He couldn't help but laugh at my fake agyeo.

"You know what, you're just out of this world." He said laughingly as we were both walking side by side pushing the cart, our hands brushing with each others. "Do you want anything? I'll buy it for you."

"Me?" I pointed at myself.

"Yeah. Is there anyone else?" He scrunched up his eyebrows making a funny face.

"Why?"

"Because you've been good." He ruffled my hair making it a complete mess then went towards a rack filled with breads.

My smile faded away, it felt like a pang of sadness just hit my chest. He wouldn't say that if he knew I'd been lying.

"H-hyung? Can we meet up and talk tonight. Just us?" I said with my voice breathy, my palms sweating already just by thinking of it.