Chapter 11: Lies and hatred

The more I see youStrangely, the more I fall for you

The more I see you
Strangely, the more I fall for you

-need you

"What are you doing here?" Jooheon was the first one to talk after a moment of dead silence.

"You lied to us," Changkyun said through his pursed lips. His face had gone to a shocked one, to an angry one then to a reluctant one.

Feeling manager Sehun staring at us even from the back of my head I pleaded, "Hyung, could we please go outside?"

They weren’t much amused, still they followed as I gestured Sehun to give me a minute.

The dark of the night embraced us as we stepped outside, a cold breeze rushed past. "Aunt is asking money from me, and I need to pay her like always," I said as fast as I could as if that could only get rid of all my pain.

"Like always?"  Jooheon was the first one to speak again. Changkyun, silent.

"... Yeah." There wasn’t much to explain, the words were stuck on my throat and I didn't even know what to say.

Probably that I wanted to get away from all this.

"We've been helping you from the very first and all you’ve been doing is lying," Changkyun muttered, finally. "All you do is lie!" he raised his voice this time.

Jooheon was flustered seeing him get angry all of a sudden but I knew what he was implying, I knew very well.

"Hyung you don't know-" Changkyun looked frustrated as he glanced between Jooheon and I. My heart stopped.

"Nevermind. I'm leaving, I got a headache," he said before he rushed on his feet. Leaving me and Jooheon there.

"What got into him," the latter said. "By the way, Minjae that wasn’t a very good explanation. Why are you working behind our backs, you could've told us if you needed money-"

"Hyung, please could you keep this a secret from the others?" I begged, the sound of my heart breaking was probably, audible.

Jooheon pushed his hands in his pants pocket. A minute after judging me with his eyes, he opened his mouth. "Okay."

And Changkyun had been ignoring me since that day.

I put my head over my knees, resting against a wall as a deep frustrated sigh leave my mouth. 

Changkyun avoiding me was awkward, it was making everyone wonder what happened too.